Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Frequency table

Frequency table 3 years 6 months ago #56142

• bdizzle
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is some talk of adding frequency table support to an upcoming LS release.

The idea would be to export the results with columns based on the answers to specific questions. An example is www.brocku.ca/MeadProject/Thurstone/Chav...9/images/Table_4.gif

The current statistic export is very limited, and the solution usually is to do the work in another application such as SPSS. I am however interested in automatizing most of my work, and this feature would be awesome.

Who should I talk to for some custom ($$) programming of such a feature?

Many thanks,
b-dizzie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Frequency table 3 years 6 months ago #56149

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Question is how you want to implement a general solution for this. As far as I can judge (I'm a developer, not a data analysis expert), this will only make sense for array question types because you need two scales?!
Did I get this right?

Is this a common feature that is used at data analysis?

Isn't this kind of data already available at the admin statistics, see results for this sample matrix question:
question.PNG

Results:
results.PNG

The only difference seems to be that at your link the results are put into one table while Limesurvey splits up the subquestions?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Mazi.

Re: Frequency table 3 years 6 months ago #56154

• bdizzle
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
Most marketers are interested in crossing survey answers with information about people's gender, regional location, etc.

My surveys include a final section about the respondents: salary range, age, gender, etc. Ideally, I'd want all the tables of the statistics export to have columns based on some questions I choose, in addition to the total statistics.

That way, I can ask questions about, say, shopping habits, and then view the results by gender and age groups.

Here's a screenshot of an MSPaint GUI for the stats that allows you to add any number of "analysis dimensions" to the statistics. This example would give you columns for each question that would detail the answers for each age group.

This is a very common feature in data analysis. I'm not an expert (I'm a dev also, but I work in marketing) so my terminology may not be the right one, but I hope this gives you an idea of what I mean.
Attachments:

Re: Frequency table 3 years 6 months ago #56180

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
I have alos hard about htis cross-table analysis and it's a nice feature. You can already filter answers like that e.g. at the age question mark the answer "20-30". Then only results of people who answered the age question "20-30" will be used to calculate the results for all other questions you ticked.

Of course this can be done much nicer by choosing an axis as shown at your screen shot. Coding this for all question types shoudl be possible but requires quite some effort.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image