Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id

...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56092

• abfab
  • Fresh Lemon
non-anonymous and closed survey

is it possible to send a welcome message to the participants including the survey url with some kind of identifier...we want to keep the respondents time and efforts low...therefore we think that it will be best that they get to the sruvey without entering a survey key... but we need to know how the individual participants answered the questions. (id from participant (token?), mail, answer question 1, answer question 2.

the survey participants will know that we will handle our survey this way as we need to match their individual answers with another database with structural factors and objective data. therefore for this survey it will be crucial to "track" the id. please help me to solve this problem.

thx!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56094

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
Hello,

If you import the token table, you can set the token to "what you want". And the link to the survey sending by LS contain the tokenid .

I think it's the good choice.

Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56096

• abfab
  • Fresh Lemon
thank you for the answer...but the problem is that the respondend comes directly to the first question...and after the first question she gehts the message that this is a closed survey and she will need a key...but as you can see her token is in the survey url??

wwwu.uni-klu.ac.at/limesurvey2011/index....=de&sid=45652&token=

Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56097

• abfab
  • Fresh Lemon
token is 3 but is not shown here...

Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56098

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
abfab wrote:
token is 3 but is not shown here...

With the link
https://wwwu.uni-klu.ac.at/limesurvey2011/index.php?lang=de&sid=45652&token=3

It work one time (cause after the first anwer, the token become invalid). The token can be use only one time.

docs.limesurvey.org/Tokens

Maybe i don't understand what you want exactly :)

Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56099

• abfab
  • Fresh Lemon
no...i think you get me...but this means that i need a new token for every question and not one for the whole survey? the survey will contain 50 to 70 questions...i think that there must be another way to track the responend?

i think the limesurvey tool is really good...but this kind of questions are crucial for almost every survey...but ok...i think i am now in some kind of "trial and error mode" ;-)

Re: Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56100

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
No you only have to have 1 token for each answerer by survey.

I don't understand what you want exactly .

You can put your 50/70 question in one survey ? no ?

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56101

• abfab
  • Fresh Lemon
yes... i understand...but i dont know why the answerer with ( for example with token 3) cannot get through the whole survey and can only answer the first question and after that the message is shown that this is a closed survey and a key is needed. please contact the administrator (me) of the survey. and this is the issue i dont undertand...do you know what i mean?

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56103

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 332
Well, there is obviously something wrong with your installation or your questionnaire or your settings.

If you create a survey with tokens the token can be included in the URL and the participant does not have to enter anything once he started the survey. Obviously, the link with the token can only be used once, but it seems that you know that already.

I tried to open your link above, but I only get an error message.

Your limesurvey installation seems to be seriously messed up.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: ...don`t want that respondents have to fill in survey key...but need id 3 years 8 months ago #56108

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Sounds like a server problem:

1. Which Limesurvey vrsion do you use?

2. Which URL do you use to call the admin login screen?

3. What did you set for $rooturl at config.php?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Donation Image