Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Analyses out of order

Analyses out of order 3 years 8 months ago #55748

• quoapcto
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello.
I want to analyze data. There is a question in which you have to put five choices in your personal order. If I want to interpret this question, LimeSurvey gives me five different statistics. So which statistic should I use? There is a screen in which you can see what I mean. Before I want to see the statistic I can select the question. But in fact, there are five questions to analyze. Which should I select, to get an result for the hole question?
Pleas, can you help me? I would to appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Kind regards from Dresden, Germany,

Fred

screen_Fragen_2011-01-26.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Analyses out of order 3 years 8 months ago #55753

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
A question like this is pretty difficult to analyze anyway, because there will be man different solutions.

However, I assume that each of these 5 boxes stands for one position in the ranking (1-5) and it will show how often each of the items mas ranked in the specific position. So I assume you will have to mark the all. However, I personally wouldn't "analyze" stuff like this in the back end of a survey tool. Seriously.

The survey tool is to collect information and give you a quick idea of the results. Analysis should be done with the proper software.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: quoapcto

Re: Analyses out of order 3 years 8 months ago #55789

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
holch wrote:
However, I assume that each of these 5 boxes stands for one position in the ranking (1-5) and it will show how often each of the items mas ranked in the specific position.
Absolutely correct. There will be one entry for each ranking option at such question.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: quoapcto

Re: Analyses out of order 3 years 8 months ago #55803

• quoapcto
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, it seems logical. Each box/entry stands for one position.
For my Analyses I will separate each question in his own parts. My aim is to discover in which part of the whole test the users were breaking of.

Thank you for your help.

Greetings from Germany, Dresden
Fred

Re: Analyses out of order 3 years 8 months ago #55823

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
quoapcto wrote:
For my Analyses I will separate each question in his own parts. My aim is to discover in which part of the whole test the users were breaking of.
That is a very interesting topic. Maybe you can explain more about your approach. Do you simple count answers for all questions to see where users drop off?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Analyses out of order 3 years 8 months ago #55850

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
Yes, this would be a nice to have feature for the future.

This feature helps to identify problems in the questionnaires and to estimate for future projects where people tent to drop out. In my past experience it is usually the first 2-3 questions where most people drop out, no matter what kind of question it is.

Once past these initial questions it is usually matrix questions with many items and open ended questions that trigger most drop-outs.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Analyses out of order 3 years 7 months ago #56009

• quoapcto
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes of course, it will be very interesting to see in which part of the test the user drop out. And if lime survey gives us a helpful tool to handle this, lime survey will be more powerful. But in this case I will export the hole date to excel. There I can operate with different tools/codes, to watch out, in which lines the users didn't fill anything.

Best Greeting from Germany,

Fred
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image