Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Qustionarie

Qustionarie 3 years 10 months ago #55125

• heso
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi!
is that anyone know how to import a textfile with questions and that limesurvey feel what kind of question type it is?

Or do anyone know how to make that happen?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55627

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
This isn't possible and I doubt that it can be coded easily.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55715

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 868
lss file are text xml file, then you can edit them. But there are a lot of option/possibility etc .....

And maybe you can have a look at this post: quexml.sourceforge.net/node/29 , maybe for LS 1.98 there are the possibility to import queXML files :cheer: :laugh:
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55718

• heso
  • Senior Lime
that contrib dont work beacuse its not multilangual i use Swedish.

But thanks for the tip

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55726

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
I think artificial intelligence is not advanced yet for computers to fully understand the type of question via a text document.

Maybe, if you can tell us what you want to do, we can suggest a different approach, because without you telling limesurvey which question you want to create, this won't work for the next 10-20 years I guess.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55731

• heso
  • Senior Lime
example: how i write in my other survey program ( that program only handle 2 types of question )

Text file:
1. How old are yo?
$1. >20 Year
$2. 20-50 year
$3. <50 year

2. Male or Female?
$1. Male
$2. Female

3. What kind of work do you have for living?
$1. FreeAnswer:

The program auto make the 2 kind of question type either Free text if the text FreeAnswer: is typed or Multi answer.

I try to figure out a simple way to make it work that i have everything in textfiles, then i could import that in some other program to generate a file to import in limesurvey so that the limesurvey auto feels what to do.

Example the survey import tool is a start but im trying to find a way to handle everything outside limesurvey so no need to manually change questions or answers or jump/hide in the questionarie within the admin.

Hope you guys got a clue what im trying to manage

/Tony

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55733

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, here we go. Your other tool knows exactly 2 types of questions. One is defined by inputting "FreeAnswer", so if there is no FreeAnswer written, it needs to be the other one.

However, have a look on Limesurvey. There are sooo many more question types and options, it is basically impossible for a tool to "guess" what kind of question type you actually want.

I don't know, but you probably could write the LSS files in an external XML editor, but this is for sure a little mor complicated than what you had to do with your other tool. But this is natural, as Limesurvey has so many more options.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55736

• heso
  • Senior Lime
I know that, thats why i find the limesurvey intressting, so im trying to learn what you could do with it.

I have a more complex solution also there you could ´do any kind of question but in that program i have the same problem as i have with limesurvey. I must do every question and answer by the admin interface when i also deside what kind of question type it should be.

Do you have any link to any guide or site for learning xml tool and program, i have never worked with xml files.

Re: Qustionarie 3 years 9 months ago #55738

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
XML files are similar to HTML files. Actually HTML is somehow a XML file as well.

However, to understand how Limesurvey writes the different question types I would suggest to create a questionnaire that includes all question types and features that you need and export it. Then you open it in a XML editor and have a look at the structure.

Any good editor should open XML files. Some have a better highlighting than others, but your normal HTML editor should do just fine.

As far as I know, there is no documentation of how limesurvey XML files are created. So you'll have to learn with exported files, I assume. If someone else knows of a better way, please let me know for the future.

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image