Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: multiple limesurveys on one database

multiple limesurveys on one database 3 years 9 months ago #55063

hey out there..

i was wondering if it is possible to have more than one installation of limesurvey on one single database? and if that is possible do i need to use 2 different web adresses..
i hope i have explained it well enough for you to understand my problem.. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: multiple limesurveys on one database 3 years 9 months ago #55068

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
I think you can use the same database for multiple installations by setting a different $dbprefix for each in config.php. Each installation will need to be in its own directory on your server so will have different URLs.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: multiple limesurveys on one database 3 years 9 months ago #55075

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
While I prefer to have each installation in a different database, it is possible to have more than one Limesurvey installation using the same database, by setting a different table prefix, as tpartner explained.

Now regarding the differen web addresses, this depends very much on your server environment. It is possible, if the server allows it. You can have different folders in the root and direct different URLs to it, but how to do that we can't explain, because every server can be configured differently.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Donation Image