Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to determine what language survey was completed in?

How to determine what language survey was completed in? 3 years 6 months ago #54970

• pdesourdy
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi all,

I am currently running a survey that is in two languages, English and French. When I export responses, all of the questions and answers are in English and there is no field indicating if the survey was completed in EN or FR.

Is there a way for me to find out what surveys were completed in English and what surveys were completed in French?

I'm using version 1.86 (7697).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Phil.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to determine what language survey was completed in? 3 years 6 months ago #54974

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
I don't see any way to find out which language was used.

The only way you could determine that is to save the language the respondent has chosen in a hidden field.

However, as the respondent could (in theory) switch between the languages during the survey (e.g. starting off with English, switching to french and going back to English), even this solution can't give you a guarantee.

If it is important for you to know in which language the survey was run, the best way is to create different questionnaires for every language (e.g. by copying the base questionnaire and modifying it).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image