Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Correct syntax for End URL Parameters

Correct syntax for End URL Parameters 3 years 6 months ago #54950

• EricLomm
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I am trying to pass a parameter from a survey I have created in LimeSurvey to an external page. I have looked at item 9 under the "Presentation & Navigation" section of the "Creating a New Survey" page Creating a new Survey

However based on what is in this section of the manual I have not been able to find the correct syntax. I have tried the following variations:

http://../../testLime.asp?RowID=INSERTANS:19911X3X66

http://../../testLime.asp?RowID={INSERTANS:19911X3X66}

http://../../testLime.asp?RowID=19911X3X66

http://../../testLime.asp?RowID={19911X3X66}

However in all of these cases instead of getting the value in the field as I would like, I am getting the value after the "=" as though that were the parameter. It is not the value, that should be the {SGQA} identifier.

Where can I find an example that show how passing the field value as a parameter should be done?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Correct syntax for End URL Parameters 3 years 6 months ago #54955

• paulfiner
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

Your second example is the correct syntax to use or at least is exactly how I used it successfully to send a value to another site after survey completion.

What version of LimeSurvey are you using?

Re: Correct syntax for End URL Parameters 3 years 6 months ago #54981

• EricLomm
  • Fresh Lemon
Based on your pointing out the correct syntax I was able to figure out what the problem is there. I have that information working correctly.

I have now run across another question relating to how we would like to setup using the end URL's.

Our goal with using the end URL is to update a table on an external website to disable the link users of the external will have to the survey. If the end users click on the end URL link things will work correctly.

However, the concern we have now is how can we update the external website if after submitting the survey the end users close the window instead of clicking on the link back to our site?

Is the some way we could setup so the when the user clicks the submit button on the survey we can send a message to the external website?

Re: Correct syntax for End URL Parameters 3 years 6 months ago #54984

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 748
You can "Automatically load URL when survey complete" but the end page will be bypassed.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Correct syntax for End URL Parameters 3 years 2 months ago #61495

• todernst
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
I am encountering the first issue you described above. I am using the correct syntax but cannot pass through the value at the end url. Instead I get the exact phrase after the =. The odd thing is that the urls are working for my quota re-directs.

Will you let me know what you did to resolve your first issue.

Thanks in advance.
-Todd

Aw: Correct syntax for End URL Parameters 3 years 2 months ago #61537

• LS_fan
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear all,

we have the same problem. It was working perfectly when using Version 1.90, after the update to version 1.91 (yesterday) the identifier in the endlink is not working anymore (only in the endlink, within the question section it is working properly).

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

It seems that other people have the same problem, when you have a look at the views of this post...

Cheers,
Tim
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Donation Image