Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Newbie: How do I set up the question type below?

Newbie: How do I set up the question type below? 3 years 6 months ago #54589

• agproct
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear All, as a newbie to Limesurvey I hope you can help. I have set up my server and all works, am half way through designing my questionnaire and have hit a question type problem. The question I want to ask is in the attachment .gif file. I have looked at using label sets but cannot figure out how to make this work as none of the standard question types seem to be able to deliver this. The array Y/N/Uncertain is no good as I do not want the uncertain option.

Just in case the file doesn't attach (I get no indication of attached) essentially I want to have a statement.

When you obtained your qualification (check all that apply:
You had a pay raise Y N
You had a promotion Y N
You had a promotion Y N
You had neither promotion nor pay raise Y N
You took a new job with a new employer Y N

The Y N are check boxes in a Y column and a N column.

I hope someone can help as stuck on this one.

Thanks

Andy
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newbie: How do I set up the question type below? 3 years 6 months ago #54590

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
This is no problem. As you already guessed, you will need to create a custom label set.

Now it depends a little on what version of Limesurvey you use. My explanations will be for the version 1.9, but as it is a new installation I assume you use the same one.

First of all, you need to choose the right question type, which would be array.

Now you have two options to:

A. Create a new labelset that you can reuse later (good if you will have several questions with the same labelset. Go to "Edit label sets" (top navigation line) -> "Create or import label set".

B. If you don't need to use the label set too often you could just go and create an "array" question. Once you have created the question Limesurvey asks you to create "answer options" (horizontal) and "subquestions" (vertical). So you just add your subquestions like "You had a pay raise", etc. and your answer options (Y, N).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Newbie: How do I set up the question type below? 3 years 6 months ago #54591

• agproct
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear Holch, many thanks for the swift reply, I really appreciate the help. The array answer is exactly what I need, perhaps I couldn't see the wood for the trees. (Answer in front of my face) I suspect I was thinnking it was more complex than it is.

Now sorted using an array

Thanks again!

Andy
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image