Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Survey Setting

Survey Setting 3 years 8 months ago #53859

• HIV7
  • Senior Lime
Hello,

I want to use LimeSurvey for a survey concerning perceptual filters and want to know if the setting can be done with LimeSurvey.

My survey is divided into two main parts. First one is "questions" and the second one is "pictures".

1st: Questions
My questionnaire has 241 questions, which should appear at random. As far as I have understood LimeSurvey, then it's not possible to set up (sub-)groups [except the two main parts "questions" and "pictures"] with a number of questions, because then the questions would appear group wise.
He can point his answer by selecting one of five options (they may have another description, but are the same for all 241 questions!):
1: 100%
2: 75%
3: 50%
4: 25%
5: 0%

The choice has to be stored in a database.

2nd: Pictures
This part has two steps. At the beginning I want to show the User 5 pictures (standing for 5 groups), where he has to select one of them (for example the 2nd one [Group B]). Then the second step starts, where 5 pictures are shown [ B1 // B2 // B3 // B4 // B5] and the user has to bring them in an order (from the one that he likes most to the one he likes least). This Information I have to store in a database like:

B3: 1
B2: 2
B5: 3
B1: 4
B4: 5

So the great questions are:

- If that setting is appropriate to Lime Survey or if 241 questions are too much to appear randomized?

- I've got about 1000 users to fill out the questionnaire and the pictural part. So I will have about 300.000 data sets. Can they be easily exported, using LimeSurvey?

Have you got any thoughts to improve this settlement?

Thanks a lot,
Peter Kr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Survey Setting 3 years 8 months ago #53863

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
1. If I remember correctly there is a new randomization featue at the upcoming 1.91 version. You have to test if it suits your needs: www.limesurvey.org/en/component/content/...rvey-191beta-release

2. This should be possible if your server has sufficient ressources.

3. For Ranking the images have a look at either the ranking question or the "array by columns".

There are also several Javascript workarounds presented at the forum which might help solving some issues.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Survey Setting 3 years 8 months ago #54285

• HIV7
  • Senior Lime
Hi Mazi,

can you please answer me two more additional questions?

1) Is there any date/time schedule when the version 1.91 will be released?

2) What version would you recommend me to use? I mean, is there so much sense in using a beta version for my survey? Or would you advise me to change the survey setting? My string point has to be before the 28th of February 2011.

By the way I've read the note that you also offer support for doing a survey. What are the conditions (rate per hour)? I mean I want to start alone but for example for the task "Ranking the images" I think I'll need some help, because I'm not a java expert. You can Anwser this point separatly on my Mail Adress: peter(at)plonzhof.at

Regards and thanks a lot in advance,
Peter
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by HIV7.

Re:Survey Setting 3 years 8 months ago #54444

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
1. A first beta version of 1.91 was already released for testing.

2. 1.91 should be stable at February 2011. So using 1.91 and reporting any bugs you notice would be the best choice I guess.

3. If you are interested in a quote you can contact me at marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Aw: Survey Setting 3 years 7 months ago #54943

• HIV7
  • Senior Lime
Hello again,

I'm just testing the 1.91 RC1. Seems to be much better than the 1.91 beta. One of the points left is the randomization feature. As Mazi wrote above in 1.91 there should be a new randomization feature implemented. Unfortuantely I'm not able to find it.

All I got is the randomized order of the answers in a matrix.

So pls. tell me if I'm not able to make a right search or where I can find something about that feature.

THX in advance,
HIV7
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Donation Image