Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: security issues

Re: security issues 3 years 9 months ago #55457

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
Ah, and Mazi is correct, the first survey will need to be activated to generate a SAVEDID.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by tpartner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: security issues 3 years 9 months ago #55458

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
Here's a quick test - www.partnersinc.biz/surveys//index.php?s...46&newtest=Y&lang=en

The first survey redirect to the second with the SAVEDID.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chupanibre

Aw: security issues 3 years 9 months ago #55470

• chupanibre
  • Junior Lime
It worked! After activating the first survey I was able to populate the first question of the second survey with SAVEDID...

I think this is an easy and effective way to set up a survey collecting personal data in compliance with rules regarding data protection, thanks a lot for your valuable help!

Best,
Chupa

Re: Aw: security issues 3 years 9 months ago #55488

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: security issues 2 years 7 months ago #76491

• jsmello
  • Junior Lime
Is there an option that stores the information encrypted in the Limesurvey?

THe suggestion in this thread talks about the storage of the some information in a separated (encrypted) database. If I understood right, the user makes a "trigger" to decrypt the data of the limesurvey database?

Re: security issues 2 years 7 months ago #76495

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
If you are referring to my suggestions, there is no trigger. I have written mySQL queries to encrypt confidential fields in our LimeSurvey tables on a scheduled, frequent basis. I use an added field at the end of each table to keep track of which records have already been encrypted.

When required, I have written mySQL decryption queries to decrypt and export to Excel, etc.

None of the above is a feature of LimeSurvey. One of my biggest wishes, though, would be for LimeSurvey to have a built-in feature that encrypts data as they are put in the table, using a seed of my own choosing. For now, though, my method works well enough for us.

tfj

Re: security issues 2 years 7 months ago #76510

• jsmello
  • Junior Lime
So, let me see if I understood correctly. From time to time you encrypt your limesurvey table using mySQL queries through and, when you need read the data, you decrypt using another mySQL querie written by you.

This solution solves, partially, data storage problems inside the Limesurvey platform.

Tjf, Did you put your solution in the wiki?

Re: security issues 2 years 7 months ago #76513

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
It is much more than "time to time." It is throughout the day, every day, at frequent intervals.

I did not post the solution since:

1) It really has nothing to do (directly) with LimeSurvey; it is totally a mySQL solution

2) There didn't seem to be much interest

3) My queries, by nature, have to remain confidential. I think it may be enough to say that I used the mySQL Encryption and Decryption functions for those individual fields that are confidential. I then put the queries on a schedule. I use Navicat, a gui for mySQL, to make things easier. Any good mySQL reference manual (or Internet search) could explain what I did much better than I could.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Donation Image