Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: security issues

Re:security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55248

• chupanibre
  • Junior Lime
also: will this ensure data security? If someone would gain access, would he not be able to connect the data of both surveys via the ID-number?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55255

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
Chupa:

I'm not sure what you tried, but my previous response outlines what I do. To give you an example, the end URL could look something like this - I edited this so that it would display. In my previous attempts, it truncated my entry. That is why it is on three separate lines. It is supposed to begin with an "h-t-t-p-s://" (without the dashes) but that was truncated as well:

https://YourServerName/limesurvey/index.php?

sid=YourSurveyID&lang=en&newtest=Y&

YourHiddenFieldIDintheSecondSurvey={SAVEDID}

Of course, you would have to substitute the variable names above -- "YourServerName," "YourSurveyID," and "YourHiddendFieldIDintheSecondSurvey" -- with your specific ones. If you wanted, you could add the setting, Settings - Publication and Access control - Automatically load URL when survey complete set to "Yes."

You are correct. Theoretically, someone could match up the hidden field name in the second survey with the ID field in the first survey, if they worked hard enough at it. That is why I keep our data encrypted, using mySQL queries. If your data are as sensitive as ours, I still suggest mySQL encryption queries. That way, you would be as protected as reasonably possible.

Also, if you are thinking that the two ID fields will match (from the two tables), they won't. In your work with the data, you would match the ID field from the first table to the hidden field in the second table.

No matter what survey tool you use, you will still be faced with the same issue.

Someone else may have a better idea, but this has worked for me. They may also point out any errors I may have made in my description.

tfj
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by tfj.

Re:security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55260

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 785
Here's some info on prefilling questions from the URL - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Surve...using_the_survey_URL .
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re:security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55407

• chupanibre
  • Junior Lime
Thanks for the detailed answer. I understand what you mean, I just dont know exactly how to implement this.

The link for my second survey is the following:
cape42heidelberg.limequery.org/index.php...96&newtest=Y&lang=de

The code of the question in the second survey which I want to populate with the tag {SAVEDID} is:
survey ID (ID:19196)
question group ID (ID:3)
question ID (ID:10)

I took a look at the link from the wiki(docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Surve...using_the_survey_URL) but I simply was not able to construct a link which worked...

Re: security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55409

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
At the end of your link, try the following:

&19196X3X10={SAVEDID}

tfj

Re: security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55413

• chupanibre
  • Junior Lime
I tried this, but it didn´t work. I set the first question of the second questionnaire as visible question, the question type is "short free text"
I set the end-url as: cape42heidelberg.limequery.org/index.php...&19196X3X10={SAVEDID}

When I start the second survey (using the link provided at the end of the first questionnaire), the first question is not populated with the SAVEDID....

Re: security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55414

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
The ID field in LimeSurvey tables is an integer.

What happens when you set 19196X3X10 in your second survey to numerical input question type?

tfj
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by tfj.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chupanibre

Re: security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55426

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
The URL looks correct. Are both surveys activated?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: chupanibre

Re: security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55444

• chupanibre
  • Junior Lime
No, but I turned "Survey preview only for administration users" off....

Re: security issues 3 years 7 months ago #55456

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 785
The URL is correct, I just tried cape42heidelberg.limequery.org/index.php...ang=de&19196X3X10=55 and it correctly populated your first question with "55".

When you try it from your first survey do you see a value for 19196X3X10 appended to the URL or does it just end with "&19196X3X10="?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image