Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Token field character limit

Token field character limit 4 months 3 weeks ago #107136

• aroback
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry if my problem is redundant. I'd appreciate a redirect to a thread that addresses this if it exists.

I'm trying to use social media usernames as tokens to log in to my survey, and there seems to be a 35 character limit that I can't change. My usernames include characters like (-) and (.) since they are from Facebook.

I changed the following values before I uploaded my token .csv file:
*tokens.php --> ln:1111-1112 --> SET TO: 'VARCHAR(500)' and array('type' => 'VARCHAR', 'constraint' => '500'), respectively.
*token_helper.php --> ln:34 --> SET TO: 'token' => 'varchar(256)',

Neither one allowed me to edit existing token values past 35 characters AND the tokens I uploaded were truncated. When I manually edit them in the "display tokens" interface, they exist only until I click on the "home" button to go back to survey admin, then when I view the token list again, they are truncated.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. This is for my dissertation, so I am desperate! Thanks so much for your help!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Token field character limit 4 months 3 weeks ago #107141

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
Hi,

Just use 'social media username' for any attribute, and use included system to set the token.

After, you can do a plugin to redirect user by 'social media username' with the good token. Some inspiration : git.sondages.pro/?p=ls-replaceregister.g...=replaceRegister.php

But : any user can enter any user name here ??? Any other security system ? I can answer for WhiteHouse ? Yes !!! Great !
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image