Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105461

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
Where does it say that the password is too weak? I assume in cpanel?

Because the creation of the database, user and password has nothing to do with limesurvey, this is something purely with your server.

But the error message clearly says that LS can't connect to the database. Can you make a screenshot of how you created the database and how you put in the details into the LS installation process? (Do not show the password!!)
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105464

• limetaking
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
please find the detail used in both processes attached
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by holch.

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105465

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Have a look at "database type". You are trying to connect to a Mysql database as if it was a Microsoft SQL database.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105466

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
By the way, you also shouldn't show your URL here, because in this phase I could now play around with your installation... [therefore I have deleted the PDF file]

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105467

• limetaking
  • Junior Lime
Sorry it should have been My SQL

even when i change it same issue

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105468

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
have a look if there is a space in front of the username...

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105469

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
This was the only thing that I recall that could have been another issue. But as I was quite sure that the problem must be MS SQL vs. Mysql I did not save the PDF, so I can't really look at it again.

You might upload it again, not showing your url.

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105470

• limetaking
  • Junior Lime
as requested

after you have checked it could you please delete it again please
Attachments:

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105471

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
OK, so let's try to circle the error. It can only be in the following 3 points:
-Database location (seems to be find, I don't think that you would need anything else than localhost)
-Database user (looks also good)
-Database password (can't really see if this is correct, so I would guess there is something wrong with the password...)

The dabase name doesn't really matter, as the database would be created, as long as the database user has the correct rights.

The rights given to the database user would be my second guess after a wrong password. So what rights have you given to the database user? Is there any way were you can attribute rights?

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 4 months 4 weeks ago #105487

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Since the input looks correct, my assumption is that at your hosting the MySQL server doesn't run on localhost but you have to input a different location there.
Please check your providers documentation for more details.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: limetaking
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Donation Image