Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Build number not most recent ?

Build number not most recent ? 4 years 1 week ago #50785

• abita1
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I downloaded a copy of the software a few days ago; I believe it was from this site directly [and not sourceforge....]. The build, after install, is identified as 9229.

I notice, however, on reading through some of the bug traffic, that updates on the build are to 9261, or better...

Do the software builds get placed into the download folder?

2nd> Would not the build number best be included as part of the downloaded file name? Perhaps, too, the current build number identified in the download text button, and on what ever HTML page serves up that text button...?

3rd> If I'm wrong about the build source, and it was sourceforge and not directly here, might be a good idea to put updates into the SF respository, as part of the build's "buildout" process? Again, with file names that include build number. That way, a reference to the build number in the LS website could be checked quickly...

My thanks...

Oh...a 4th item, unrelated....could someone correct the LS.org layout [CSS or HTML] so that there isn't an extra column way off to the right containing the website's content after the horiz. button bar. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Build number not most recent ? 4 years 1 week ago #50800

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
1. What makes you think that the current downloadable version includes fixes > build 9229?

2. When downloading from Sourceforge the build number is mentioned within the file name: "limesurvey190plus-build9229-20101013.zip"

3. Our download links all go to Sourceforge where we host all official downloads.

4. Please open a ticket at the bugtracker , thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Donation Image