Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "OR" filter becomes "AND" filter when set by condition designer

"OR" filter becomes "AND" filter when set by condition designer 9 months 1 week ago #100854

• jonsen
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi everyone!

So I encountered something unexpected and would like to file a bug report. I just want to make sure that this wasn't my own fault...

When I set a condition based on ONE variable, the condition designer shows an "OR" between the conditions, as I expected. When saving this, the formula in the overview (and in the logic file) shows an "AND" between the condition. Testing this, the formula from the logic file is used, the survey filters faulty.

#########################################
CONDITION DESIGNER and EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR:
((a=="1") or (a=="5")) => question shown

OUTPUT and REAL BEHAVIOUR:
((a=="1") and (a=="5")) => question shown
#########################################

Of course, the second condition is impossible, so the question is NEVER shown. This happens ONLY when using the condition designer. Manually setting the relevance equation to ((a=="1") or (a=="5")) works as expected.

Best
Jonsen

Stats: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64, Apache 2.x, PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze17, LimeSurvey 2.00+ Build 130929
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"OR" filter becomes "AND" filter when set by condition designer 8 months 4 days ago #101819

• jonsen
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
I can not find a bug report for this, but I'm not sure the error exists anymore - does anybody know if it was resolved?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image