Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: how to output assessment value in SPSS format?

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 1 week ago #108696

• iscar
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
as to the data analysis worker, they don't care the question content, they only need the assessment value.
i output the data in spss format, but the questions have assessment value are still outputed as answer string like 'agree''disagree',not assessment value like 1,0.
then i almost cannot do anything because the string is not processed by SPSS.
if i need the assessment value output, how to do it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 6 days ago #108813

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
Why are the data worker not using the real answer codes? Why the assessments?
To have 0 and 1 instead of Strings "No" or "Yes" is not directly connected with assessments.
Usually you have the codes and the labels which allow you to switch display in SPSS in a second.

Check if the questionstypes are supported and the values are set.
manual.limesurvey.org/Assessments#Set_as..._each_answer.2Flabel

You can always modify the import SPSS syntax script to import the data the way you like them.
To have 0 and 1 instead of Strings is not directly connected with assessments.

If you can attach an example question with the way you did assign the values we might get an idea.

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 5 days ago #108849

• iscar
  • Gold Lime
i think the problem is:LS assessment value is not included in the SPSS output files.which means the data worker have no data if without survey desinger help.
in SPSS process, assessment value is the only thing can be processed and analysis. the string and answer code are not SCALE DATA in SPSS.
manually we can switch the answer to assessment value, but not in a second. because the data worker is not involved in survey design.
the ideally situation is: all information are included in the SPSS output.
i am not in office today so cannot attach example.i think it's the problem of simple survey and complex survey.

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 5 days ago #108852

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
As far as I know, the assessment values are not stored in the database anyway. Not in the SPSS export, nor in the Excel Export. It is only used for calculations within Limesurvey, as far as I know.

You should be able to export the codes into SPSS, not the wording. Then it should be easy to create the assessment in a new column in SPSS. The "data analysis worker" should be able to do this, even without being involved in the survey design process.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 5 days ago #108854

• iscar
  • Gold Lime
that's the key problem:the only thing can be calculated by SPSS is not included in SPSS output.
it's hard to avoid mistake when data worker have no original LS spss output,even only 5 reverse question in 60 questions survey.
just in my view,manually process will increase the date pollution.

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 5 days ago #108855

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
The normal question codes are not exported? Or did you not give any numbers as codes??? I am not quite sure if I understand your problem. Do you have an example, e.g. screenshot?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

how to output assessment value in SPSS format? 6 months 5 days ago #108856

• iscar
  • Gold Lime
the answer codes like A1,B2 can be exported.those codes are string, not the scale value,not data,not calculated by SPSS.
string means nothing in SPSS,A1 may be score1 in question1, may be score 2 in question 2, manually switch A1 to assessment value is not ideally solution.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image