Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103523

• tcable
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

First, apologies if i have put this in the wrong place, but i believe that this is the right place for this.

I am currently in the process of using limesurvey to write (my first ever) survey, so this may be an easy one.

I have got a question where i am asking for a date, and have used the date/time type of question.

When i try the survey in chrome or safari, i get a button next to the box so i can select the date from a calendar - this doesn't appear in any internet explorer version that i use (i have tried 6 through to 11).

can anyone point me in the right direction as to why this might be.

i think i am using limesurvey 2.05 (i think its a december 2013 build that i have installed)

Again apologies if this is an easy question, i only started to use this last week, and i'm learning as i go along.

Thanks

Tony
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by tcable. Reason: to include limesurvey version number
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103530

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
Hmm...that's very odd. There should be no button in any browser. The calender should just appear when you click into the input box.

What template are you using?

Can you provide a screenshot?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by tpartner.

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103541

• tcable
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

thanks for your reply.

If it makes it any easier to diagnose, when I press on the calendar box in IE, nothing comes up, but it does in chrome (I've included screenshots)

I've tried in on IE on 4 different computers with the same result (its the same with chrome as well)

You can still fill in the box manually.

When I set it up, I set the date default as dd-mm-yyyy (as i'm in the UK and that's our date format)

I was using the 'default' template, but I have since copied this, and the only change that I have made is to set all the font to 'book Antigua' as that is my companies default font - other than that, no changes have been made.

I can give the link to the survey if that helps, as it is a public facing survey, and we are currently still in development and testing, so people can have a look at it if they want to.

Thanks
Attachments:

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103548

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yes, please provide a link to a test survey.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103550

• tcable
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

Here is the link, and it is on page one of the survey

admissions.vcchs.co.uk/index.php/391996/lang-en

(and any other comments/improvements that I can make would be appreciated as well :) )

Thanks

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103553

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Okay, I take back what I said about the button never appearing - after updating my 2.05 installation it appears in all browsers.

Unfortunately though, I still can't help. This is what I see in IE 7-10 with no apparent JavaScript errors. (I also tried it in compatibility mode)

Capture3_2014-01-15.PNG
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by tpartner.

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 9 months 1 week ago #103583

• tcable
  • Fresh Lemon
ok no problem, thanks. I can get round it as it still works if someone types in the box.

Thanks for looking.

Calendar Button Not Appearing In any version of IE 5 months 2 weeks ago #108327

Hi,
Do you still have this problem because I have this weird behaviour in some IE 9?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image