Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Array Filters with Drop Down Lists and Ranking Questions

Array Filters with Drop Down Lists and Ranking Questions 3 months 5 days ago #110953

• danika
  • Senior Lime
Thanks, Mazi. I was working on documenting that right now, as a matter of fact. I've may also have found another fully qualified bug, and I use the term sparingly.

Using conditions, I've actually been able to break the cascading logic of the question group. Seems that placing a default answer in the drop down list box breaks the conditional IF logic to show or hide the next question. I am trying other IF/AND or other options to see if this can be resolved. If not, I will follow up with bug report on that as well.

Briefly, if you place a default answer in a drop down list box of 3rd order logic, and make the next question conditional upon being NOT EQUAL TO or GREATER THAN the default answer, it shows anyway until you make your way through the survey to the question immediately preceding the conditional question. Only then it works according to the IF conditions. I can send you the question group if you are interested in having a look?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Array Filters with Drop Down Lists and Ranking Questions 3 months 5 days ago #110954

• Mazi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
If you can safely reproduce this issue with the latest version please file a bug report, attach a test survey at the bugtracker and post the link here.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Array Filters with Drop Down Lists and Ranking Questions 3 months 5 days ago #110955

• danika
  • Senior Lime
Will do.

Array Filters with Drop Down Lists and Ranking Questions 3 months 5 days ago #110962

• danika
  • Senior Lime
Trying to set up a Boolean AND condition to see if that does not resolve the matter. But, the manual says you cannot? LS Manual

Any suggestions?
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by danika.

Array Filters with Drop Down Lists and Ranking Questions 3 months 5 days ago #110965

• danika
  • Senior Lime
One quick fix for this broken logic would be to edit the default strings which appear in drop down lists. I assume these strings are stored in the db. If you can tell me the table where these are stored, I could edit them and solve this problem very quickly?

Thanks
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image