Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Changing the mandatory error message

Changing the mandatory error message 7 months 4 weeks ago #105529

• maxersloan
  • Fresh Lemon
Is there a way to change the message that comes up when you don't answer a mandatory question? We want it to say something like "Please answer this question." I imagine there has to be a javascript solution for the template.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing the mandatory error message 7 months 4 weeks ago #105530

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
You need to adapt this text in the translation file. Please note that these changes get easily overwritten when there is an update for the translation.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxersloan

Changing the mandatory error message 7 months 3 weeks ago #105619

• maxersloan
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks holch! I am a little confused by the final step (within the link you included). What does it mean to do this?

Place the particular .mo file in the right language folder in /locale by replacing the existing one - for example for French this would be /locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/fr.po

Changing the mandatory error message 7 months 3 weeks ago #105623

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
From what I understand you need to create a .po file and a .mo file and they both need to be placed in the folder for the respective language. This folder you should find in the locale folder in your limesurvey installation.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Donation Image