Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best practice for importing participants with additional attributes?

Best practice for importing participants with additional attributes? 1 year 3 months ago #94331

• deshon
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello.

I want to import a set of users from a .csv file with additional attributes. It appears that there are two easy ways to accomplish this.

1) I can importing them directly to the central participant database and then share some or all of them with a survey.

2) I can initialize a token table and then import the participants along with the additional attributes directly into the token table. If I want, I can add these participants along with the additional attributes to the central participant database.

So, what are the relative advantages and disadvantages of these two approaches? Is there a 'best' practice?

Thanks!

Rick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best practice for importing participants with additional attributes? 5 months 1 week ago #104987

I tried to include the additional attribute in token but it confuse me.

In first time I import a short list (test) from csv into central participants and add them into survey, initiate token, start survey, I can export result to csv with additional attribute.

In second time I decide run the survey, import 500 list into central participants, but there is problem in mapping attribute I have to delete all existing attribute and create it when import, but this time there is no additional attribute in export csv result.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image