Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released!

Re: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 8 Monate her #77266

• ChacoKevy
  • ChacoKevys Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Hopefully not a silly question: We are looking to use the ComfortUpdate when it becomes available to move to 1.92+, but we are currently rocking 1.90+. Will it function correctly even if we skip a release?

Thanks!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 8 Monate her #77274

• c_schmitz
  • c_schmitzs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 116
Yes.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 7 Monate her #77383

• atavei
  • ataveis Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello c_schmitz. 1.92 looks great and promising. But we need badly a detailed tutorial, step by step, on how to use the Expression Manager, relevance equations, etc. I considered my self a relatively sophisticated user of lime survey. Yet i have not been able to figure out how to use the Expression Manager and the new concepts of relevance, etc. Wiki description is formal and non-operative. We need a hands-on tutorial with many examples of the possible uses of what looks to be a very powerful tool.

Having said that, I can only congratulate you and your team for this wonderful piece of software. My respects.

Samuel Figueroa
University of Puerto Rico at Cayey

user: atavei

Re: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 7 Monate her #77385

• TMSWhite
  • TMSWhites Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 82
atevei-

What level of detail are you looking for?

I have created a half dozen new sample surveys, stored in the docs/demosurveys/ (limesurvey2_*.lss and ls2*.lss), which demonstrate the majority of the EM functionality, providing some real-world examples. (This also serves as an integration test suite). There is also the EM button which lets you view the unit test suites for the various components of EM.

Honestly looking for suggestions on how to help users understand. I've been developing surveys using relevance for over a decade, so it's not always easy for me to put myself in the mindset of users for whom these concepts are new.

Re: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 7 Monate her #77443

• atavei
  • ataveis Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear Mr. White:

My intention was not to put you on the defensive. Please forgive me if it came through that way. I truly admire what you have done.

My motivation was strictly pedagogical. Limesurvey is a tool for the people. Even though it is built by very competent programmers like yourself, it is not built for programmers. It is built for users like me that employ Limesurvey almost daily. If competent users of Limesurvey have problems with the EM and with the implementation of concepts like relevance equations, it should mean something to those that try hard everyday to make Limesurvey an engaging tool. Even Limesurvey's documentation establishes that support in the areas of EM etc., is limited since the engine is in the processes of being fully grasped (or something similar) by the support staff.

Even though there is significant value in the programatic examples you allude to in your communication, what we need is a detailed step by step, very pedagogical, tutorial. It should include illustrations, movies, presentations, examples of real life situations where relevance equations are important, etc. The language should be aimed more at teaching and less to show off programmatic wonders (although there is nothing bad in showing off a good piece of work). I think that we all accept that the EM is sophisticated and wonderful. Now, let's move into learning how to use it so that Limesurvey could truly fulfill the promise that resides in it.

Respectfully,

Samuel Figueroa Sifre
University of Puerto Rico at Cayey

Aw: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 7 Monate her #77449

• Steve
  • Steves Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 46
Hello atavei,

I think I understand what you want to say. EM might be very powerful but can be complicated to deal with for people with no/less technical/development experience. TMSWhite and I had some discussions how to improve the documentation/example surveys and how to make it easier to use for our users but sadly, we don't have unlimited manpower and time (so we might create something but it might take some time). We created a new article docs.limesurvey.org/Expression+Manager+Examples that tries to explain what Relevance, Validation or Equation is (and what it is used for) and give some examples. It might be a good idea to extend this article or combine/create a basic "How to use EM?" tutorial.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Aw: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 7 Monate her #77478

• atavei
  • ataveis Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Steve, you are right. This document is a starting point. Please add the screenshots, they are badly needed. Keep up with the good work.

atavei

Re: Aw: LimeSurvey 1.92+ stable and LimeSurvey 2.0 alpha 2 released! 2 Jahre 7 Monate her #77677

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 307
atavei, please help us by adding your own examples and extending our manual wherever you are missing additional information. It is a wiki and everyone can edit it. We can't dfo all that alone because we work on this project in our free time which is limited. So please gie a helping hand!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Seite:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.158 Sekunden
Donation Image