Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 8 Monate 5 Stunden her #105408

• limetaking
  • limetakings Avatar
  • Junior Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Hi there, this is my first posting and i am new to limesurvey.

I just can not get my head around the instruction for installation.

does anyone know where i can find a instillation video in English, so far can only for Duch and German.

I have up loading limeservey to root directory but stuck after that.

I jushost is where my site is stored and i am using joomla 3.2

by the way does justhost give you the facility to just upload the programme like an extention?
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 8 Monate 4 Stunden her #105409

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 358
Hmmm, usually the installation is quite simple, especially when you already know how to install other web applications.

Where are you stuck?

In reality you just need to check if your server matches the requirements and if this is the case upload all files on your server.

Then you navigate to the place where the files are uploaded to. If you don't put it into a subfolder, but directly in the root it could be that you run into trouble with Joomla.

From there on the installation process should start and you just follow the steps, fairly straight forward.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 8 Monate 3 Stunden her #105415

• limetaking
  • limetakings Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Hi There thanks for getting back to me.

I. I have uploaded limesurvey to in binary to the root directory call /limesurvey using filzilla
2. all of the files are as they were unzipped, so there is no change there.
3. went to url mydomain.com/limesurvey/admin/

I get the following error

Not Found

The requested URL /limesurvey/admin was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80

From there I don't know what to do, because nothing happens

4. I have looks in my phpadmin but I could not see the data base

So I don't know where to go from here

regards
Letzte Änderung: 8 Monate 3 Stunden her von limetaking.

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105432

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, this means that you did something wrong while uploading I guess. There is no file to be found.

Check again with your FTP program where you put the limesurvey folder, because the 404 is coming up. This means there is no file there.

Sometimes it is a simple typo... so check for typos as well.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105440

• limetaking
  • limetakings Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Hi there

Please find a copy of the set up on the root directory and the sub directory folders

can you please let me know are there correct.
Anhang:

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105443

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Now it is clear: you have put it in the actual root folder of the server and not into the "web root".

All webfiles need to go into the "public_html" folder (or "www", which is actually just a link to the public_html folder).

I am sure you'll find your joomla installation in there as well!

Letzte Änderung: 7 Monate 4 Wochen her von holch.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: limetaking

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105455

• limetaking
  • limetakings Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Thanks for that you was spot on

Having moved it across the installation began.

I have now encountered a new issues under

Database configuration

having entered all the details I now get the following errors

Please enter the database settings you want to use for LimeSurvey:

Please fix the following input errors:

Connection with database failed. Please check database location, user name and password and try again.

regardless of what i have put in i can not get passed this point.

what am i doing incorrectly?

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105457

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
did you create a database, a database user and password for the user?

I have seen that you are using Cpanel, so go there and create the database, if not done so yet.

If you have created a database already, then you need to check if your database location (probably localhost), user name and password were corret, just as the error message says.

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105458

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Make also sure the database user has all the rights to the respective database...

Can not follow installation guideline is there an English installation video 7 Monate 4 Wochen her #105460

• limetaking
  • limetakings Avatar
  • Junior Lime
yes it would appear to have been done but still am not getting any joy

still getting the same error message.

is there a specify user mane and password i should use BECAUSE when i try to set it to admin and password it will not allow me to save because the password is to weak.
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.149 Sekunden
Donation Image