Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Set Directory permissions

Set Directory permissions 7 Monate 3 Wochen her #99220

• firstservey
  • firstserveys Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello I am a little confused. Hope you can help me.

I uploaded my folder, next step is to set directory permissions.

The "/limesurvey/tmp" directory and all its subdirectories and files are used for imports & uploads and should be set to Read & Write for your webserver.
The "/limesurvey/upload/" directory and all its subdirectories and files must also have Read & Write for your webserver in order to enable picture and media files upload.
The "/limesurvey/application/config/" directory also needs Read & Write permissions for your webserver.
The other directories can be set to Read Only or in Linux/Unix. You may wish to set the permissions on each file within the /limesurvey/admin directory to Read Only.

I am not sure about what to do with "execute" (I translated it to english hope is the right word). Expecially for "the other directories"!

Thanks for helping me with these two questions: What to to with "execute" and especially with "execute" when reading only is clicked on.

Edit: By the way, I use Filezilla for changing the directory permissions, maybe it is important.
Letzte Änderung: 7 Monate 3 Wochen her von firstservey.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Set Directory permissions 7 Monate 3 Wochen her #99227

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 711
Hi,

In a linux web server: if a directory don't have "execute" rigth, the user can not see the file inside.
See wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/Modes_%28Unix%29

Denis
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: firstservey

Set Directory permissions 7 Monate 3 Wochen her #99241

• firstservey
  • firstserveys Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks!

Just to be sure, that means I have to click on "execute" in every folder? Otherwise the files are useless?
DenisChenu schrieb:
Hi,

In a linux web server: if a directory don't have "execute" rigth, the user can not see the file inside.
See wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/Modes_%28Unix%29

Denis
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 1.662 Sekunden
Donation Image