Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Allowed memory fatal error

Allowed memory fatal error 9 Monate 3 Wochen her #97520

I am not sure if this is a bug so thought I'd ask here before reporting. I am receiving an intermittent Fatal Error message as follows: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 298998912 bytes) in Unknown on line 0. When I say intermittent sometimes when I refresh the message will go away and if I refresh again or go back to the site it may come back the next time or a couple of times later. The bytes allocated also change can be anywhere up into the 400000000's. I am using the latest version of limesurvey (2.00) The memory limit is set to 512 MB with 128 MB allocated to limesurvey. PHP version is 5.3.21. I have display errors set to off. Everything seems working fine with the survey. I'd love some suggestions as to how to fix the problem.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Allowed memory fatal error 9 Monate 3 Wochen her #97545

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 718
LS 2 need to work with 128MB.

What is build version ?
The survey is great ? How many question and group ? A lot of EM issue ?
What you do when you have this error : showing answers ? Update something ?

Denis

Allowed memory fatal error 9 Monate 3 Wochen her #97552

There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason when the error message appears regarding memory size.
You can get it on the survey home page, taking the survey and on the back end.
It appears and disappears by simply refreshing or changing a page. It might not show for a couple of times and then show for 2-3 times.
It is different memory size each time even though nothing has changed.
It is with different browsers (Firefox and Chrome)
I have already set the memory to 128MB and that didn't fix the problem. It seems to be calling for 2-3 times that memory ....
The build is 130611.
The version was a clean install, no update.
The survey is small and basic only 2 groups and total 17 questions.
I have tried to remove many languages wondering if this is using a lot of memory? However I have offered different languages in surveys on another site using Limesurvey (earlier version I think) with no problem.
Even if I could get the display error to turn off I'd be happy at this stage ... but I have it set off in the main php.ini file.

The only odd thing I could find was in the PHPInfo in Limesurvey, that for display_error the local value is off but the master value is on. I have checked the PHPInfo on some of my other sites and both local and master value is off so I don't know where to make the change?

The error message seems more of a nuisance than actually affecting the survey. I'm sure some will not take the survey if they see the error thinking something is wrong ...

Allowed memory fatal error 9 Monate 3 Wochen her #97558

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
I have already set the memory to 128MB
You see 128MB in phpconfig ?

Really strange issue, but surely depend on some server settings.

Allowed memory fatal error 9 Monate 3 Wochen her #97561

It really wouldn't matter if memory was set to 128 MB because the error message was often in the 350-400 MB range. Anyway I've managed to get the error message turned off and the survey seems to be working fine so I'm not going to worry about it. It seemed just a nonsense message as it kept referring to the error at Unknown on line 0, doesn't seem to make much sense but I'm not a coder.

Allowed memory fatal error 9 Monate 3 Wochen her #97576

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
Can you put a copy of your phpconfig file here ?
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.142 Sekunden
Donation Image