Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Locked out, like so many others, at database config

Locked out, like so many others, at database config 1 Jahr 1 Monat her #97385

• viatriskel
  • viatriskels Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
OK, Version 2.0 has me beaten. :( I'm an expert user of the "Search" function and this is the first time in ten years I've ever had to post a tech question on a help forum. Yesterday, I came back to LimeSurvey 1.92 after a unplanned break and found all my files and surveys in good working order, but having upgraded my PC since that first installation, I thought I'd also upgrade the software. 24 hours later, I'm still staring at the error: "Connection with database failed. Please check database location, user name and password and try again."

This installation is uploaded to Freehostia (as was v1.92 until I removed it yesterday) with the following SQL info:

Anhang sql_info.JPG nicht gefunden

Anhang sql_info2.JPG nicht gefunden

Step 3 of the installation process shows only the LDAP library missing and I don't think I'll need it in the foreseeable future.

Anhang ls_screen1.JPG nicht gefunden

Then Step 4 gives me :

Anhang ls_screen2.JPG nicht gefunden

I've tried "localhost", "127.0.0.1", "root" and probably every other combination that's been suggested in the previous pages on this forum, including the hack suggested for the installcontroller.php file (I've got about million limesurvey pages in my history now, can't remember which one it was). Nothing works.

I had no trouble whatsoever loading v1.92 at the time, and the XAMPP version of 2.0 is ticking away on another machine since this morning. I get the feeling I'm missing something very simple here, but WTF is it? :S
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Locked out, like so many others, at database config 1 Jahr 4 Wochen her #97534

• viatriskel
  • viatriskels Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Resolved: the problem appears to have been nothing more complex than an unacceptably long database name (complicated in this case by too many attempts creating too many cookie fragments and other débris).

For the benefit of others:
- use the SQL server host name given on the Freehostia MySQL interface (see first image);
- create the database through Freehostia CP first, assigning a *short* prefix ('db' works!) and a password
- in the LS config panel, user name == database name ; password is what you're just chosen
- no need to change default folder permissions

Locked out, like so many others, at database config 1 Jahr 4 Wochen her #97543

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 789
viatriskel schrieb:
For the benefit of others:
- use the SQL server host name given on the Freehostia MySQL interface (see first image);
- create the database through Freehostia CP first, assigning a *short* prefix ('db' works!) and a password
- in the LS config panel, user name == database name ; password is what you're just chosen
- no need to change default folder permissions
Great,

Maybe you can add Freehostia to manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey-compatible_hosting_companies and put some information.

Denis
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.135 Sekunden
Donation Image