Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ...

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 4 Wochen her #96373

• vbent
  • vbents Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I have repeatedly tried and retried installing LimeSurvey on my website, following the installation manual to the letter. However, when attempting to run the installation script (your.domain.com/limesurvey/admin", I get the following error message:

Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

I have searched the forum for previous posts, but since nothing turns up, it seems as if I am the only one who have ever encountered this problem.

Please help.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 4 Wochen her #96437

• vbent
  • vbents Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Advice anyone???

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 3 Wochen her #96583

• vbent
  • vbents Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
no one said it was easy - so no one replied???

(forget it, I figured it out myself)

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 3 Wochen her #96587

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 254
So it would be nice for all others that might have the same problem in the future (and obviously no one else could help) if you could describe how you solved your problem.

The community lives from participation of everyone.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DenisChenu

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 3 Wochen her #96612

• vbent
  • vbents Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
That makes good sense, Holch.

In my case, the site is hosted on a Windows server that does not support PHP. Hence, I had to create a Linux subsite for LS specifically.

Once that was done, and the permissions were all set to 777 (755 did not work), everything started working properly.

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 3 Wochen her #96615

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks vbent for the feedback. This might help others to find the problem easier.

Yes, without PHP Limesurvey won't run.

I think it is best to use a LAMP environment. Windows servers with PHP and MySQL should work, but I am reading about a lot of problems when setting this up, so I would always recommend a Linux machine with Apache, PHP, MySQL, because this is the reference system.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 3 Wochen her #96616

• vbent
  • vbents Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
A LAMP environment may be ideal - but some of us have existing websites, into which we want to integrate LS, while at the same time being dependent on on 3rd party hosting, we need to work within those pre-exiting parameters.

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents ... 10 Monate 3 Wochen her #96617

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi vbent!

I know and understand this issue. But whenever possible, I would go for the LAMP, as from the forum I can see that there are many issues arising from Windows Server environments with Limesurvey. And as it is webbased, you can run LS and your website on different servers without a problem. For sure there are cases where it is necessary to run all on an IIS, but I guess the admin will have enough experience then to get Limesurvey running on IIS, given that he is allowed to install PHP.

Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.132 Sekunden
Donation Image