Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting

Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting 1 Jahr 5 Monate her #92001

• xamarshahx
  • xamarshahxs Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I was upgrading to the newest version of Limesurvey from 1.92 and it looks like the ComfortUpdate screwed something up. I was able to restore it, but I started a new installation in another folder. I uploaded all of the files to 1and1 and loaded the Installer.
It keeps stalling on the database settings. It keeps telling me: "Connection with database failed. Please check database location, user name and password and try again."

I tried even creating an additional MySQL database and get the same error. I also tried re-uploading all the files and I get this same error. Instead of an IP address or localhost, 1and1 uses this as the database server: localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock
It has not been an issue on older installations.

Anyone have any solutions? Thanks.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting 1 Jahr 5 Monate her #92004

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 290
Did you check whether your server offers PDO? LS2 needs pdo, while LS 1.9x didn't.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting 1 Jahr 5 Monate her #92818

• jme
  • jmes Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Dank erhalten: 1
I was having the same issue and after an hour of hacking around in the code I have found what you need to do.

Open application/controllers/InstallerController.php and around line 1108 in the _getDsn function you will find this:
$dsn = "mysql:host={$sDatabaseLocation};port={$sDatabasePort};dbname={$sDatabaseName};"

Change to this
$dsn = "mysql:unix_socket={$sDatabaseLocation};port={$sDatabasePort};dbname={$sDatabaseName};";

And the install will run as normal but in the host box instead of localhost put /tmp/mysql5.sock
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Ben_V

Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting 1 Jahr 5 Monate her #92823

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 290
Hi jme!

Sounds good. Maybe you can provide this as a patch to the developers? Or if it can't be taken into the core, you could add this description to the installation guide.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.280 Sekunden
Donation Image