Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step

Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 11 Monate her #87968

• schatzjm
  • schatzjms Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm attempting to install LimeSurvey 2.0, Build 121011 on Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6.0). I've got MySQL Server 5.5 configured properly with a limesurvey user and PHP 5.3 installed via MSI.

I can begin the installer fine and I get to the "Database Settings" step (which I assume to mean everything in the way of extensions was installed correctly), fill in my database's network location, user, pass and intended database name just fine. It then prompts me that " Database doesn't exist!" and offers me the option to create it. When I click this button I am kicked back to the Welcome page of the installer with no error message.

I've checked the connection I've specified in Workbench and it is not populating tables. I've also tried creating a limesurvey schema and giving it an existing one. Populating tables button also kicks me back to Welcome with no error message.

config.php and my directories for PHP and Limesurvey all seem to be correct - what could be happening here?
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 11 Monate her #88039

• Chafish
  • Chafishs Avatar
  • Junior Lime
i got the same issue with Build 121106 on Debian 5.0.51a-24+lenny5, PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny16, MySQL: 5.0.51a.

loop install on 2.0, success install on 1.92+ but ejected after login, when i click uppon any button.

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 11 Monate her #88043

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 840
Hello,

Maybe it's best to do a bug report .

And you can try another version : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tags

I's sure there one 1210XX version working, maybe test 2.00_plus_121031.zip

And if it work, test one more etc ... then we can know whis what version bug happen.

Denis

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 11 Monate her #88354

• schatzjm
  • schatzjms Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same issue with Build 121115 . I'm filing a bug report but in the meantime is there anything else I can try?

Where would I go to see a log of possible errors or reason for this loop?

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 10 Monate her #90241

• cheryl
  • cheryls Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm upgrading to 2.0 using build 121213 and I'm experiencing the same problem. We are using IIS 7, PHP 5.2.13 and MySQL 5.1. I saw a bug report that said this issue was previously resolved, yet here I am. Any advice?

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 10 Monate her #90286

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 840
Please put the link with th number of the bug report.

Personnaly, i don't have a windows IIS server to test, but maybe another dev have this.

Denis

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 10 Monate her #90296

• cheryl
  • cheryls Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
The previous bug report was 05825, but since my issue is slightly different in that my loop starts after the Configuration screen and not the Database Settings screen, I submitted a new bug report - #07102.

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 10 Monate her #90318

• t00lfan
  • t00lfans Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I was having the same issue with the installer looping back to the first step right after I enter my database settings (but before actually creating/populating the DB). I looked at the code in InstallerController.php, and that gave me a clue: it redirects you to the welcome step if a certain session variable is false (or missing).

I checked my php.ini, and sure enough, my session.save_path was set to a non-existent folder! After I fixed that and restarted Apache, I was able to complete the installation wizard. (Now, how Moodle has been running on this box without incident for months without the ability to save sessions, I may never know.)

Server Configuration:

Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
Apache 2.2.22.0 (32-bit)
PHP 5.3.14 (32-bit, MSVC9 build)
PHP running as Apache 2.0 Handler (php5apache2_2.dll)
MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express

Re: Installer loops to start page after Database Settings step 1 Jahr 10 Monate her #90380

• cheryl
  • cheryls Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you so much for your response, t00lfan. I took a look at that session variable in my php.ini file, and everything looks legit. I looked at the folder that the variable refers to, and all permissions seem to be accurate. Thanks anyway!
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.157 Sekunden
Donation Image