Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

standalone mac for an offline survey

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago #198267 by holch
Replied by holch on topic standalone mac for an offline survey
Most of us here do not have Macs, which why I am asking those things to see if there are any problems.

What happens when you go to:
localhost:8080
127.0.0.1:8080

Are you sure the webserver is running? Bitnami must install something. To me, this is rather a Bitnami-issue rather a Limesurvey issue at this point.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 11 months ago #198268 by oguerrer
Replied by oguerrer on topic standalone mac for an offline survey
Hi holch,

So I just figured out that the bitnami app has also an option to mount the volume containing the folder structure. The folder structure is as explained in the bitmani instructions:

apache2/: Apache Web server.
php/: PHP Scripting Language.
mysql/: MySQL Database.
apps/
limesurvey/: LimeSurvey application folder
conf/: LimeSurvey and Apache configuration files
htdocs/: LimeSurvey PHP application files

When I go to localhost:8080 I get the index page with the legend:
"The following surveys are available:"

Indeed, this may be a bitmani problem. The index page seems to work fine, it's just that I can't manage to access the page to setup my account since I keep getting the 404 error.
  • holch
More
3 years 11 months ago #198269 by holch
No, there is no problem.

If localhost:8080 gives you the index page, then localhost:8080/admin/ should give you the login page for the admin.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
3 years 11 months ago #198270 by oguerrer
Thanks holch,

Indeed I can access the login through this. Now the problem is that I don't know the user and password. I know this is a problem of bitnami because it installed everything without asking me for a username and password, and I have written to them asking about it. However, I was wondering if you have any idea of default usernames and passwords that are set. I have tries root, admin and password in various combinations but nothing seems to work. Any ideas would really help.

Thanks again!
  • holch
More
3 years 11 months ago #198272 by holch
As I have never used Bitnami (I prefer to install Xampp and then Limesurvey myself) I don't know.

But I used Google and found this (rather old) Video, unfortunately in German. However, at 0:29 it shows a screen during Bitnami installtion, where you need to create the admin login and password:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kaHw0C7Tk

And it Bitnami's documentation ( docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/limesurv...started/first-steps/ ) it says:

What Is The Administrator Username Set For Me To Log In To The Application For The First Time?
Windows, OS X And Linux Installer
The username was configured by you when you first installed the application.

OS X VM
The username can be obtained by clicking the Bitnami badge at the bottom right corner of the application welcome page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oguerrer
  • holch
More
3 years 11 months ago #198274 by holch
By the way, a little bit further down on this same page, there is also the solution to your initial problem:

How Do I Access The Application?
Access the application by launching your Web browser and entering the URL http://localhost or http://localhost:8080 (depending on which platform you’re using and whether you installed the stack as an administrator or regular user) into the browser address bar. Note that the port number may be different if you already have one or more services running on those ports.

How Do I Access The Application Administration Panel?
Access the administration panel by browsing to http://localhost/admin/admin.php.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oguerrer
More
3 years 11 months ago #198281 by oguerrer
Hi Holch,

Just for general info. I sorted it out. It turns out that the readme files are quite outdated. All the updated info is here: docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/limesurv...started/first-steps/ including how to get the default user and password.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose