Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

ERROR > Session has expired !

More
11 years 10 months ago #80346 by mslavin
Replied by mslavin on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
I feel I may be encountering the same problems. I'm fairly new to this, so it's quite possible my problem is something considerably more basic.

From my homepage, I link to my survey with the link provided by the admin page: foo.bar/rsvp/index.php?sid=96357&lang=en

If I follow that link, everything goes swimmingly. However, at the end of the survey, I link users back to foo.bar. If they follow the link back to the survey, they complete the first section, and then click "Next," and they're redirected to the index of available surveys.

If they select the survey, they can complete it fine. However, if they follow the link back home and try the survey again, the same redirect to the index happens. Effectively, only one out of two attempts completes the survey while "looping" like this.

Again, I'm a newby. This is a freshly created domain, and I'm hosted my Namecheap. I haven't tinkered much with any setting prior to encountering this problem. I'm running LimeSurvey Version 1.92+ Build 120509, I've tried making the edits to php.ini that have been discussed, but it has had no bearing on the problem.

I'd appreciate any help you all may have. If I'm in way over my head, I won't be offended if you tell me to scram and look for a different tool.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
11 years 10 months ago #80470 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
When opening the survey at Limesurvey by clicking the "green tire" icon top left, what is the URL?

You might have to add ...&newtest=Y to the survey URL.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
11 years 10 months ago #80555 by mslavin
Thanks for the reply, Mazi! I didn't get around to trying it out until now.

The "green gear" links to foo.bar/rsvp/index.php?sid=44955&newtest=Y&lang=en

I updated the link on the homepage to add the ...&newtest=Y, but it still seems to redirect to the index of surveys every second time.
More
11 years 10 months ago #80556 by mslavin
I decided to see if directing users directly to the index would help, but to no avail; they'd still get kicked to the index every 2nd time they tried to submit answers.

I tried making redundant changes to the config.php file, reflecting the changes I'd made to php.ini, and it seems to have done the trick, to a degree.

If I refer people to the survey index, and they enter the survey from the list, everything runs smoothly. If I go back to sending them directly into the survey, it kicks them to the index every 2nd submission.

I think I'm okay with directing users to the index for now, and I'll keep prodding til I find a way to do otherwise. Now the only task is to figure out why the survey index reverts back to the default template rather than the custom one; but that's so far outside of this topic that I'll make a separate post if I can't crack it on my own.

Thanks for all the guidance, yall.
  • Mazi
More
7 years 10 months ago #135604 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
A note for everyone using lengthy surveys: The default PHP max_input_vars setting of 1000 can easily be reached when showing lots of questions on a single screen. This especially affects "Array texts" and "Array numbers" questions. When using 20 answer options and 50 subquestions this already sums up to 1000 input fields for a single question. That amount of data can NOT be passed to the server with the mentioned default settings.

Solution: Raise the setting at your global php.ini file or place a php.ini file at the Limesurvey folder with a higher limit for max_input vars.
Check www.howtoforge.com/how-to-specify-a-cust...apache2-with-mod_php for more details about using a php.ini file for a single application.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #135641 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
There are a manual for this in our manual

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose