Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: "Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong?

"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52514

• Alexlion
  • Alexlions Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello, support team!

I followed your installation guide and finally managed to install this beast. But there's another problem now. I get "Incorrect username and/or password!" And I suspect it is something with redirecting(?), or maybe not.
So here it goes:

I installed it in mysite.com/survey/limesurvey/admin/admin.php

But when I enter username and password, url always jumps to mysite.com/limesurvey/admin/admin.php for some reason.

$rooturl = mysite.com/survey/limesurvey

$databasename and $databaseuser in config.php are the same as mysql database name and username I created.
$databasename = 'revenuea_mandy';
$databaseuser = 'revenuea_mandy';

$databasepass is the same as mysql user pass too. I just entered all the same data for simplicity sake.
Maybe I can't use same database and user name?

Almost forgot, when Installed I was asked to remove admin/install.php (or something like that), I deleted it (install directory). Though probably it doesn't connect with the problem.

I also changed default pass and username, but then I changed it back to "admin" and "password", because it doesn't work either.

When I try to enter default user/pass OR my databaseuser/name and pass, it gives me "Incorrect username and/or password!"

I probably missed something important. But please help.

Regards,
Aleks

p.s. - didn't found that problem in the forum too.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52515

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 313
Try this as rooturl:
$rooturl  =  "http://{$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']}/survey/limesurvey ";
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52590

• Alexlion
  • Alexlions Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I just reinstalled this thing completely. All worked beautifully from first time, but I still get the same message!
I put your code before installing, and didn't changed or edit anything. Just completely followed installation process, and it worked.. till login.
Here is all info.

$databaselocation = 'localhost';
$databasename = 'revenuea_mandy';
$databaseuser = 'revenuea_mandy'; - this is what I enter in username
$databasepass = 'mandy007'; - this is what I enter in password..
$dbprefix = 'lime_';
$rooturl = "http://{$_SERVER}/survey/limesurvey";
$rootdir = dirname(__FILE__);
$defaultuser = 'admin';
$defaultpass = 'password';

What is wrong?... I tried many times, with default user and pass too.. Don't work.. By the way this time there was no redirecting or anything.

Regards,
Aleks
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 9 Monate her von Alexlion.

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52593

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
What do you get to see when you navigate to mysite.com/survey/limesurvey ?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52594

• Alexlion
  • Alexlions Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
LimeSurvey

The following surveys are available:

* No available surveys

Please contact Your Name ( Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein! ) for further assistance.

[LimeSurvey Survey Software]
The Online Survey Tool - Free & Open Source

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52595

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yes, but can you make a screen shot?

Are there all images shown or are some not loaded (placeholder shows)?

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52598

• Alexlion
  • Alexlions Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Here it is. I hope together we will be able to fix it.

Edit: oups.. not appeared. Wait a sec..
screenshot.JPG
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 9 Monate her von Alexlion.

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52599

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hmm, the pages looks fine, the graphics appear. I was asking because when there is something wrong with the rooturl (which happens quite a lot) those images usually don't show. So my suspicion was not right.

Unfortunately I have no other idea (besides a wrong password/login ;-) ) what it could be. Let's see if someone else has a better idea.

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52600

• Alexlion
  • Alexlions Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Maybe I can't have mysql database with same user/password?

Re:"Incorrect username and/or password" What's wrong? 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #52601

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
What do you mean with that? Did you use the same password and user for the database and for the admin? I don't think that this should be a problem.

Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.205 Sekunden
Donation Image