Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Improving mail invitations and reminders (sending to groups of respondents)

Improving mail invitations and reminders (sending to groups of respondents) 7 Monate 1 Woche her #102624

• eloner
  • eloners Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
It would be nice to be able to send mail invitations to groups of contacts.

The reason is simple: if you have 10000 contacts in your list you might not know if your server can afford 10000 log-in to the system at the same time. The solution is to send invitations in groups of 2-300 contacts every 2-3 hours.

At the moment, in Tokens management --> Display tokens, you can show the list of the contacts and use the instrument Filter to build complex query. Then you can send the e-mails only to the respondents selected.

It would be useful to add these options to the filter instrument:

- the possibility to use not only First name, ... , but also additive attribute fields of the respondents (i.e. I could create a variable GROUP to split my respondents in sub-groups to select them and send e-mails every x hours)
- another option would be the possiblity to use not only the options "Select", "Equals" "Contains"... but also "Begins" to create the query (to allow, for example, the selection of respondents whose family name begins with "a")
- finally, the best feature would be to have the possibility of an ad hoc instrument "SEND-SCHEDULATOR" to optionally split respondents in "n" groups and to send mails, invitations and reminders at a certain time or with a certain interval between each group.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Improving mail invitations and reminders (sending to groups of respondents) 6 Monate 1 Woche her #103586

• eloner
  • eloners Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I apologize for replying to my topic.
I am referring to the possibility of sending a lot of emails at the same time.

Now I have a clearer idea about the improvement of the process.

It would be good to have these instruments:

- the possibility to select all or just a part of the contacts from the list of participants

- the possibility to define a field "start time" (= initial time counter) to automatically start the delivery of the emails

- the possibility do define a field "delay time" (= time to add to start time) to wait between sending a group of emails and the next group (i.e. 5 minutes)

- at "start time" the system should send the first group of emails and add "delay time" to "start time" (the number of emails to send should be that already defined in the field "Email batch size" in Global preferences)

- at the new "start time" the system should (automatically) send the next group of emails and repeat the process (calculating the new "start time") till all messages have been processed and sent to the contacts selected

- at the end it would be useful to have a report of the emails sent

Thank you, our students are beginning to use LimeSurvey!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.147 Sekunden
Donation Image