Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating

Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating 3 Jahre 3 Wochen her #68205

The new Expression Manager in the 2.0 alfa works great. This is the feature that makes the difference.
Still there is the problem that there is no simple way to skip groups. I suppose it would be not very difficult to use the relevance rating mechanism for groups. I really need this desparately.

In addition to that: I understand that the "jump to question" feature is under study. In my opinion a "skip group" feature based on relevance rating is more important.
Greetz
Frans Marcelissen
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating 3 Jahre 3 Wochen her #68227

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 307
We won't skip from branching to jumping logic because it's quite complex and usually you answer a survey sequentially.
Though it should be possible to skip several questions or even a whole group.
There is some information available at docs.limesurvey.org/Expression+Manager#W...s_ExpressionManager_

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating 3 Jahre 3 Wochen her #68239

Hello,
I understand that breaking the logic is complex. In the list of planned functions, however, gotoNext() is mentioned, which causes me to think that such a jump is considered.
However, I do'nt understand why skipping a group breaks the logic. I.m.h.o skipping a group is the same as skipping a number of questions. As far as I understand it is in 1.9 and 2.0 not possible to skip a whole group. Skipping all questions in a group is possible, of course, but this would result a an empy form (or in my case: 20 empty forms, because often I want to skip most of the questionnaire, and jump to the last form/group.
Or is there another solution for my problem? For me this is an essential problem.
Greetz
Frans

Re: Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating 3 Jahre 3 Wochen her #68247

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 307
Usually when skipping all questions ina group there should be a jump to the next group and no empty pages. At least that is the intended behavior.
If it doesn't work for you, please check conditions and open a ticket at our bugtracker.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating 3 Jahre 3 Wochen her #68264

• TMSWhite
  • TMSWhites Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 82
Frans-

Skipping groups using relevance is definitely something we're considering. At present, in 2.0, you would use a compound relevance equations to skip groups. So, say you have a variable like showG2 which tells you whether to show group 2, and say group 2 had 5 questions, Q10-Q15, you might have expressions like this for Q10-15:
GroupQuestionRelevanceMeaning
G2Q10{showG2}always show Q10 if G2 is shown
G2Q11{showG2 && Q10=='Y'}show Q11 if G2 is shown and if Q10 equals 'Y'

A more typical example for surveys I've built is to ask some pre-conditions (e.g. to see whether the person meets inclusion criteria for the study). If so, I set a variable called _ask. Then, I add {_ask && } to every question so that the entire rest of the survey could be skipped if needed.

Extending LimeSurvey to have group-level relevance would not be hard, but will probably wait for 2.1 or a 2.0+ release.

Please note that the current 2.0alpha doesn't deal with skipped groups quite right yet. The relevance equations are correct, but there is an interaction between the old conditions and mandatory processing code. I'm cleaning that up in the next week or so so that 2.0 will properly jump the next relevant group even if it means skipping several groups.

This is all still based upon the relevance, however, not on specific jump logic (like jumpTo(Q25)). Although there is a robust mapping between jumping logic to relevance, it isn't integrated yet since we'd want to find a good way to give authors the ability to say jumpTo(Q25), but optionally force the user to ask any intervening required questions first.

-Tom

Re: Skip group with expression manager/relevance rating 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #71176

• TMSWhite
  • TMSWhites Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 82
fransmarcelissen schrieb:
Hello,
As far as I understand it is in 1.9 and 2.0 not possible to skip a whole group. Skipping all questions in a group is possible, of course, but this would result a an empy form (or in my case: 20 empty forms, because often I want to skip most of the questionnaire, and jump to the last form/group.

Frans-

Give 1.92 RC1 a try. It now supports the following:
(1) Group-level relevance - so you can skip entire groups and not have the group description appear
(2) Navigation Index that lets you skip forwards while preserving logic. So, say you got to page 20, then jump back to page 5 and change something, then click on page 20 again. Expression Manager will check the validity of all intervening questions. If you now have a question on page 10 that fails mandatory or validity checks, you will be presented with page 10 instead of page 20. This ensures that the database is internally consistent while still ensuring that users don't have to click through every single page again.

Those features are not currently available in the 2.0 branch. The version of Expression Manager in 1.92 is significantly more advanced than that in 2.0 (but we hope to address that over the next few months).

/Tom
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.148 Sekunden
Donation Image