Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: TOKEN fields not always replaced

TOKEN fields not always replaced 1 Jahr 1 Woche her #98277

• awilson
  • awilsons Avatar
Hi,

A big thank you to the LimeSurvey team for a wonderful platform.

Using LimeSurvey Version 2.00+ Build 130611.

In general everything is working fine, however sometimes a working survey will stop replacing the tokens in invitation emails or the questions.

For example I may use the field {TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} or {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} to insert some data, it works once and then the next time it doesn't replace.

Yes have checked that the data is still present, the tokens are defined, tried refreshing page, clearing cache.

This behaviour is most common when testing a new survey. We run through and then correct an error. The first run, everything is good. Then we clear the token and run again - nothing replaced.

Any clues?

Thanks for your help.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

TOKEN fields not always replaced 11 Monate 3 Tage her #99440

• FHemmes
  • FHemmess Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Hi awilson,

Not sure if this is still a problem after a month, but I had a similar problem with token replacement in emails some time ago and figured out how to solve it.

The thing is that in email invitations, you have to use the field replacement tags without the word 'TOKEN' in them. So in an email, you can use {FIRSTNAME}, rather than {TOKEN:FIRSTNAME}. Unfortunately, if you use them with 'TOKEN' included, they do sometimes work, and sometimes don't. They don't consistently not work.

There's a bit more on this in this topic: www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/design-issue...butes-in-invitations
And on this wiki page: manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens#Emailing

However, my issue was only related to token replacement in emails, not in the survey itself. So I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Best,
FH

TOKEN fields not always replaced 11 Monate 3 Tage her #99458

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 794
Hi,

Maybe it's best to test with the LAST version and put a bug report if still here ....

Denis

TOKEN fields not always replaced 11 Monate 3 Tage her #99464

• FHemmes
  • FHemmess Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Hi Denis,

I'm now using v2.00+ (build 130305). Not the latest build, but also not very outdated. But I'm not sure if the described problem is a bug. If you do what it says in the manual (which, admittedly, I didn't do first time around), everything should work fine. It is just a matter of using slightly different tags in the email as compared to the survey itself.

Unless both types of tags are supposed to work in both the email and the survey, I'm inclined to think this is just how it is currently designed to work.

Best,
FH

TOKEN fields not always replaced 11 Monate 3 Tage her #99467

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 794
I think TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_X must be allways accepted.

If you have some time : plese test with last version.

Denis

TOKEN fields not always replaced 9 Monate 2 Wochen her #100827

• jday
  • jdays Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
This bug exists in the latest version of LimeSurvey as of Oct. 16, 2013

This bug prevents tokens from being replaced in emails AND in text elements of the survey.
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.150 Sekunden
Donation Image