Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions

Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 2 Jahre 3 Monate her #84702

• jenjunum
  • jenjunums Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Version 1.91+ Build 12416

I have what I think is a pretty large survey that I'm trying to copy (44 question groups). Each time I try to copy the entire survey I get a generic http 500 error message. If I refresh the page, the copied survey is available but all of the response choices for radio responses are missing and any question with a subquestion is missing those subquestions.

If I export the survey and then import it I get the same error message (on the import, not the export, which seems to work fine).

I have 2 installations of LimeSurvey (one intranet and one internet) and if I import it to the other installation, I also get the same result (error, then missing response choices). But I am able to copy a nearly identical version of this survey on that other installation.

I tried uploading the exported survey into the demo version on the LimeSurvey website and got the following error message:
Error: Failed to insert data
INSERT INTO lime_questions ( PARENT_QID, SID, GID, TYPE, TITLE, QUESTION, PREG, HELP, OTHER, MANDATORY, QUESTION_ORDER, LANGUAGE, SCALE_ID, SAME_DEFAULT ) VALUES ( 113, 92479, null, 'T', '1', 'Respondent\'s Phone Number:', '', '', 'N', '', 1, 'en', 0, 0 )
Column 'gid' cannot be null

Thanks in advance.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 2 Jahre 3 Monate her #84863

• thjung12
  • thjung12s Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I had set up the limesurvey on which jenjunum got the issue. So I hope my information will be helpful to facilitate suggestions/comments.

I tried to copy the an existing survey and I got the following error:
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 277 in K:\limesurvey1_91_est\admin\import_functions.php on line 1306.
// Import subquestions
Line 1306: $insertdata=$aGIDReplacements[(int)$insertdata];;

Apparently "Undefined Offset" error comes from $insertdata array. Any suggestions are welcome.

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 2 Jahre 3 Monate her #84878

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 307
Can you attach your survey here for testing?

My first assumption would be that the survey is so large that you run into server ressource limits. That's why I'd like to test the survey locally.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 2 Jahre 3 Monate her #84884

• thjung12
  • thjung12s Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your comments.
Before I learn how to attach the survey, I have a question for you.

If the issue is caused by the size of the survey, would you be able to suggest as to what I should change in limesurvey configuration file or in PHP configuration file? I have tried to find a way but no luck yet.

Many thanks!!!

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 2 Jahre 3 Monate her #84888

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Have a look at the server's error log, often this contains some hints like out of memory messages or the like.

Some settings that may cause such problems are max_execution_time and memory_limit, but there are several others. Maybe the error log has a hint for you.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #93881

• filips
  • filipss Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Dank erhalten: 1
I've created a separate thread here:
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/installation...insert-data-5q#93882

However, the problem is similar to the one reported here: trying to copy or import any survey results in: "Error: Failed to insert data [5]"

If I refresh the page, the copied survey is available but all of the response choices for radio responses are missing and any question with a subquestion is missing those subquestions.

It doesn't look like server issue - the same problem has shown up on both of my accounts from two different providers (one hosted at bluehost.com and the other at home.pl).
It doesn't look like survey issue - I have tried copying/importing several different surveys and got the same result.
I've just deleted all the limesurvey files and SQL databases and made a completely fresh install but it didn't help at all.

If I make a new survey and copy it - everything works perfect. Copying/importing doesn't work properly only for surveys created in elder versions (from 1.92+ to 2 build 120***)

Thanks in advance for any hints and solutions

Version 2.00+ Build 130317
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 8 Monate her von filips.

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #93944

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Please create a ticket at the bugtracker.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #94176

• filips
  • filipss Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Dank erhalten: 1

Re: Copied survey missing response choices/subquestions 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #94200

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Problem fixed. The fix will be included at the next bugfix release which will be available for download within the next 48h.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.139 Sekunden
Donation Image