Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: 2 part survey - connected

2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54737

• phschwager
  • phschwagers Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I searched the forums and found some related answers, but nothing that get's at what we are trying to do.

We would like to do a survey which has two parts(two separate surveys) and an individual's answers from part one can be connected the the same individual's answers in part two. Here is how I envision it working.

Individual registers for part one (needs to be public). They follow the link and take the survey. The confirmation e-mail sends them to a second part/survey which they complete. After we have collected enough responses we export the two tables and match the answers.

Any suggestions? I know this can be done using some identifying information (e-mail address etc.) but I would prefer that the survey be anonymous and if a user chooses to complete the second survey just a few minutes after the first one, that is up to them. But they can not be completed as one complete survey.

Looking through the forum Limesurvey can do do a lot!

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54740

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 360
So you need to connect the results from the first survey with the results of the second survey right?

Why not passing on the ID of each respondent? Then you have the ID of the first survey, you pass it on via URL to the second survey and write it into a hidden text question (there should be examples in the workaround section and the forum for how to do that).

Otherwise I would need some more information, to get a better idea of what you try to achieve and what you can do / not do.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54742

• phschwager
  • phschwagers Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for such a quick response!

That has possibilities.

Here's a bit more information on what I am attempting to do. Respondents go to a URL that will randomly send them to 1 of 4 surveys about hypothetical potential employees. Let's call them M+, M-, F+, F-. They evaluate the fit of the individual based on information we provide in the survey. That's the easy part. Now after the first survey we want to provide additional information to see how it changes their perception of the employee. So those who answered for and M will be sent to another randomizer that gives them either M+ or M- and those sent to F would get F+ or F-.

So in the end there are 8 possible pairs:
F+ -> F+
F+ -> F-
F- -> F+
F- -> F-
M+ -> M+
M+ -> M-
M- -> M+
M- -> M-

I could create 8 separate surveys if needed and then randomize the 8 at the start. That could be a plus if I could send e-mail reminders. The key is the two parts need to be answered at separate times and I need to be able to connect the first answers to the second.

Thanks again!

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54743

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 360
Well, with this information I am sure we can work. Sounds doable to me, but let me have a further look into this. Maybe someone else has already done something similar.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54783

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 807
You can add the record ID to the end URL using {SAVEDID} and then pass it into a question in the second survey - http://docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Creating+a+new+survey&highlight=SAVEDID}#Presentation_amp_Navigation
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 9 Monate her von tpartner.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: phschwager

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54784

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 296
I recommend to create 8 versions so you don't have to take care of the M-> M+/- and F -> F+/- forwarding.

What about using the "token based answer persistence" (see survey settings) and having a hidden question at the beginning which is populated by URL? Part I and II depend on the value of the hidden question. At first start, the hidden question is empty and thereofre only the first question set is shown. The user then submits the first part of the survey.
You then send a reminder to fuill out the second part. At the reminder URL, pass an additional parameter like ...?12345X22X333=part2 so the question gets populated. Then the conditions will take care of the rest and only the second part of the survey is shown because of a condition like "IF Q x = 'part2' show questions 20-40".

You then have all data in one data set.

I hope you can understand what I try to describe :-)

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54786

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 807
Again Mazi wins!
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 9 Monate her von tpartner.

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54806

• phschwager
  • phschwagers Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Mazi,

I think I get exactly what you are proposing. Basically it's 1 survey with some conditional questions. If you enter and the answer the first question is "no" (have you completed the first part of the survey) it presents the first part of the survey. Then when you return the answer is "yes" so it presents the second part of the survey.

Now to see if I can make it happen. I've done the conditional questions before. Now can I figure out how to create the link that is sent and send the e-mails...should be fun :)

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #54842

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 296
tpartner schrieb:
Again Mazi wins!
Some you win, some you lose.

You always beat me at the JS questions :lol:

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: phschwager

Re: 2 part survey - connected 3 Jahre 7 Monate her #57928

• phschwager
  • phschwagers Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Finally had a few minutes to work on this again. I tried the basic idea, but I must be missing something.

To test it I created a 3 groups with 1 question each. In theory if I answer "yes" to the first question I go to question 3, if I answer "no" I go to question 2.

But after answering the first part I follow the link again and it says my token is invalid....which makes sense because I just completed the survey. I get this message:

"This is a controlled survey. You need a valid token to participate."

So, what am I missing? I can provide provide a link to my example if that would help. My thought is if I can make it work with a question I can see then I can make it work with the hidden one.
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.159 Sekunden
Donation Image