Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

functions and commands that create the exported csv file

• Survey_noob1234
  • Survey_noob1234's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #115347 by Survey_noob1234
Hi,

I am using limesurvey to get information from a range of respondents. This data is then to be used in a thirdparty software. The thirdparty software is able to connect to a MySQL database, but the way the data is stored in limesurvey is not really useful.
What I then would like to do is store the data in another table, formated the correct way, but here I am at a loss. I can see that limesurvey can do what i am looking for, when exporting to a csv, excel etc. So can anybody here help me with what file and functions to look in to find the code that can generate/structure the data like in the attachment?

Thanks in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #115351 by holch
What exactly is not useful in the way data is stored in Limesurvey?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Survey_noob1234
  • Survey_noob1234's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #115359 by Survey_noob1234
Replied by Survey_noob1234 on topic functions and commands that create the exported csv file
Respondents data is stored in the lime_surevey_surveyid table and is stored in a way where the "real" values chosen by the respondent is not shown, rather values like A1, A2 and so on (If that can be changed somewhere, Im all ears). I cannot really use that info to much, as I need the real values the respondents gave. Still I would have to a bit of trimming of the data, as I want to use it in collaboration with software called QGIS and here the values A1, A2 etc is not useful.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose