Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Manually change message about integer only in field

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 1 Tag her #106525

• theseek3r
  • theseek3rs Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi (and many thanks for developing limesurvey)!

I have built a survey using Greek as base language. While almost all messages have been translated to Greek, there is a problem with the message appearing when the question type is a numerical input and integer only. Then, the message appearing to the person taking the survey is still in English ("Only integer value may be entered in this field."). I was wondering if you could guide me to change it manually so that it reads in Greek, or else hide the message completely.

In general, where should I look for altering messages concerning the various options within questions?

Many thanks for your time (and hopefully for your solutions too!)

Giorgos
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 1 Tag her #106526

• MikeConom
  • MikeConoms Avatar
  • Junior Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 1
have a look here

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 1 Tag her #106532

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 358
Ideally you would help to finalize the greek translation, then you will never have problems later on. Because if you change this manual (which is possible) with each LS update there is a certain risk that the Greek language file you adapted is overwritten with the limesurvey standard one, which would be still lacking the translation.

this is all community driven, so it is free for everyone, but it can only survive it the users give back, either with donations of money, or with donations of their time and workforce. If you are not a developer, the translations are a good option to help.

I have seen that Greek is 94% complete, so there are missing 6%.

manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSurvey
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 16 Stunden her #106543

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 840
And the direct link is:
translate.limesurvey.org
http://translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesurvey2/el/default?filters[term]=Only+integer+value+&filters[user_login]=&filters[status]=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filter=Filter&sort[by]=priority&sort[how]=desc
Letzte Änderung: 7 Monate 15 Stunden her von DenisChenu. Begründung: Fix direct link (see bug #8886)

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 13 Stunden her #106553

• theseek3r
  • theseek3rs Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok thanks! I'll try to complete the remaining 6%.

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 13 Stunden her #106555

• theseek3r
  • theseek3rs Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
May I ask how it is possible to update the file I am using with the translations I have submitted to the translation webpage?

Manually change message about integer only in field 7 Monate 11 Stunden her #106557

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
This is described in the link I gave you. You will have to edit the .po file with something like Poedit.

Have a look at the link, it should be described quite good.

Here the direct link: manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSu...existing_translation
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Manually change message about integer only in field 6 Monate 4 Wochen her #106578

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 840
The translation are updated automatically .
Look at history
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commits/master/locale

Manually change message about integer only in field 6 Monate 3 Wochen her #106611

• theseek3r
  • theseek3rs Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I have downloaded the el.mo file from here but still I get the specific message about integer number in english...

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

Manually change message about integer only in field 6 Monate 3 Wochen her #106620

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Shouldn't this be in the PO file? I am not sure though... In general I don't really know the difference between the MO and the PO file. ;-)

• Seite:
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.190 Sekunden
Donation Image