Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Re use Token in next survey?

• LittleSkink
  • LittleSkink's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #106202 by LittleSkink
Re use Token in next survey? was created by LittleSkink
Hello! Newb here :unsure:

Been doing a few basic things with LS but now I want to do something and don't even understand if it possible:

User is directed to a (public) Survey URL
User enters their email in single Q survey and receives a Token to their email
User then uses the Token as a kind of password in subsequent (potentially public) surveys

the learning curve of LS feels like a learning cliff right now, so thanks for any pointers
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by LittleSkink. Reason: accidental and rude typo ?!
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #106205 by byan
Replied by byan on topic Re use Token in next survey?
If I understand your scenario correctly, you can achieve your goal using LS in the following way:

1. Create your "subsequent" survey on LS
2. Create a token table for the "subsequent" survey
3. Make the "subsequent" survey open to the public and allow self-registration in the "subsequent" survey LS setting

After that, simply distribute the survey link. After a user registers, he or she will receive an email with his or her token embedded in the link in the email. The user can click on the link and enter directly into the survey page.

As far as I know, one token can only be used for one LS survey.
  • LittleSkink
  • LittleSkink's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #106249 by LittleSkink
Replied by LittleSkink on topic Re use Token in next survey?
thanks Boyan

it sounds like it wont do it automatically, but I am assuming in principle LS can do something like this

so, lets say I copy the Token from Survey 1 and put it in the Token table for Survey 2, 3 etc etc they can then go to these surveys

I am trying to allow a single user to enter multiple survey by using the email address and have the Token as a surrogate password . . . if that makes sense
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #106250 by byan
Replied by byan on topic Re use Token in next survey?
Yes. Each survey is independent of another survey.

Once your users register for the first survey, you will need to manually copy the tokens automatically created by LS to the other surveys. That way, a user can use the same token to fill out all those surveys.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose