Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Can I INSERTAN a value from Other (please, sepecify) text field?

Can I INSERTAN a value from Other (please, sepecify) text field? 1 Jahr 4 Monate her #95151

• kachne
  • kachnes Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello.

In my survey, I am asking for a game title and I have a List (Radio) type of question that has a number (5) of answers + an option "other" with mandatory text input (Q01). In the following question (Q02), I would like to ask about the one selected title using INSERTAN. It works perfectly for the pre-defined answers, but when the respondents selects "other" and fills the text, only string "-oth-" is inserted in the wording of Q02 (and that makes the question meaningless).

Is there a way how to insert the content of the text field into the wording of Q02? Please note that it is not a comment filed. I assume I should use some conditioning as

{if(Q01_a == "Y" || Q01_b == "Y" || Q01_c == "Y" || Q01_d == "Y" || Q01_e == "Y" ISERTAN:Q01) && if(Q01_?? == "Y" INSERTAN:Q01_??_??)}

but I am not sure what would be the SGQA code for the option other and for the linked text filed.

Any hints? Many thanks in advance.
Katerina.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Can I INSERTAN a value from Other (please, sepecify) text field? 1 Jahr 4 Monate her #95154

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 763
If the Q01 answer codes are "a", "b", "c", "d" and "e", then the equation for the inserted text would be:
{if(Q01.code == 'a' OR Q01.code == 'b' OR Q01.code == 'c' OR Q01.code == 'd' OR Q01.code == 'e', Q01.shown, Q01_other.shown)}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: kachne

Can I INSERTAN a value from Other (please, sepecify) text field? 1 Jahr 4 Monate her #95172

• kachne
  • kachnes Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks a lot! It works! :)
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.172 Sekunden
Donation Image