Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Preventing Duplicate Responses

Preventing Duplicate Responses 1 Jahr 6 Monate her #94716

• dotwell
  • dotwells Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm using LimeSurvey to provide customer satisfaction surveys to end-users of our SpiceWorks helpdesk. I created a survey with two hidden fields, 'ticket ID' and 'assignee full name'. Within SpiceWorks, I send an email to the end-user when a ticket is closed, and the email has a link to LimeSurvey. The link uses SGQA to pre-fill the survey with the two hidden fields.

My question is this: Since I'm repeatedly using the same survey with many users on many tickets, how do I prevent duplicate responses on the same tickets? I could enable the cookie setting to prevent this, but I assume this would prevent that user from taking the survey on ALL future tickets. I really just want to prevent anyone from responding to the same ticket survey (i.e. if there is a response with the same 'ticket ID' then do not allow survey, or ignore result). Any ideas?
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Preventing Duplicate Responses 1 Jahr 6 Monate her #94723

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 356
I think you could try to use tokens and use the ticket number as the token. You would have to write into the database though.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Preventing Duplicate Responses 1 Jahr 6 Monate her #94725

• dotwell
  • dotwells Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry if it's obvious (I just recently installed LimeSurvey, so I'm still learning), but... can you elaborate? How do I create the token, and then how would I configure LimeSurvey to reject multiple responses on the same ticket?

Preventing Duplicate Responses 1 Jahr 6 Monate her #94727

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Limesurvey works with tokens to prevent multiple responses from one and the same person. So if a person clicks the link with the token again after filling the questionnaire once already (and you only allow one response per token), then the survey can't be filled out again.

Now I was thinking (and we are leaving Limesurvey defaults here), you could create script that adds a token to the token table based on your support ticket number. Then you send your email with the survey link including the ticket number as a token and the respondent can only fill in the survey with this specific token once. If you send them a link with a different token (support ticket) they can fill it again without a problem.

However, you would need to figure out how to create this script. this would be custom coding. I am just trying to give ideas on how to do this. Of course you could add the tokens by hand via the interface, but I assume this is no option.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Preventing Duplicate Responses 1 Jahr 6 Monate her #94728

• dotwell
  • dotwells Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for the response. Let me make sure I understand this. Are you suggesting that, for example, I write a script that runs in Spiceworks when a ticket is closed, and creates a unique token (with ticket ID) in the LimeSurvey database, then passes that token as a URL in the email to the end-user? That sounds pretty complicated for a non-developer :ohmy: And I think by adding tokens by hand, you mean the admins manually creating tokens for each survey? Yeah, that would be too tedious I think :laugh:

Preventing Duplicate Responses 1 Jahr 6 Monate her #94730

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yeah, this is more or less what I suggested. Well, if you are not a developer and you don't want to add the tokens by hand, then I think what you want to do will be difficult.

If the survey doesn't need to be sent immediately after the ticket was closed, you could create a csv file of all tickets and upload them once a day or something. this would still be by hand, but at least not for each single thing.

Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.142 Sekunden
Donation Image