Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to launch a survey in context defined by some other application

• hanksterr7
  • hanksterr7's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #93873 by hanksterr7
Hi. I'm looking for a way to allow a user to comment on some "thing" they have selected in a another application. I have an application where a user selects "things" (such as books, or products, or vacation spots), and I want to pop-up a survey that lets the user describe the thing they selected in the application. I can embed an iFrame in the application and can built a URL to LimeSurvey that the iFrame will open. I've seen tha I can pass parameters to the survey in URL parameters and these can pre-populate answers to questions in the survey. Does this seem like an appropriate use for LimeSurvey, and is this the best way to accomplish this task? Once I have the survey open in the context the user selected in the application, LimeSurvey seems like a good tool for allowing the user to answer the questions I'm interested in.

Thanks for your thoughts
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 week ago #93902 by tpartner
Sure, I think it's a great application of LimeSurvey and your implementation approach is perfect.

This is similar to the way many websites embed forms from their lead management vendors, etc.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • hanksterr7
  • hanksterr7's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #94503 by hanksterr7
Great! I have this working for letting them describe "things", setting context as I load the survey for them. Is there a way to let them see the response they had already entered for a "thing", hopefully by some different URL arguemnts? Or any other way I can load the survey for them with their last set of answers? Every time I open a survey for them, it adds a new row to the survery's response table. I'd rather let them load the survey as they left it and change things if they want. Don't see a way to do this without first visiting the welcome page (which I'd like to avoid) and having them enter a limesurvey username and password (which they won't remember)

Thanks
-- Hank

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose