Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Intermingle subquestions from two different questions

• kevinashworth
  • kevinashworth's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #93042 by kevinashworth
I have a question that is an array with many subquestions, and the answers are a 5-point Likert scale from Never to Always, where Never scores highest.

I have a 2nd question that is an array with many subquestions, and the answers are a 5-point Likert scale from Never to Always, where Always scores highest instead.

So the 2 questions and all the many subquestions look the same to survey respondents, but under the hood the answer codes and the assessment values are different.

For both questions, I’ve chosen so far the option “Random answer order: Randomize on each page load” but it's only a partial solution.

Now I’d like to intermingle all the subquestions randomly from question 1 and question 2, so that while all the subquestions appear to be Never-to-Always Likert questions with the same answer choices, with the intermingling the survey respondent doesn’t get a sense that Never or Always is the “best” answer, but they need to keep thinking and not click mindlessly as they traverse the many subquestions.

How might I accomplish this?

Would it be possible to modify the HTML to remove the closing HTML of question 1’s table and also remove the opening HTML of question 2’s table to make one combined table in the HTML, and then use jQuery to randomize?

Other thoughts?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose