Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Calculate a summ out of an array question

Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88175

• Einstein
  • Einsteins Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Hello,

We are trying to put up an project selection for 40 participants. For each prjoject there are 5 criteria like quality, impact and so on. all of these criteria can be rated eather from 1 to 3 or 1 to 5 or... 1 o 8. I use the Q-type array (multiflexi 1-10). What i need in the end is a summ of all the points given for example by personX for project 4. And in the end I need a summ for all points given by all participants for project 4.

I dont know how to use the Expression Manager for this purpose. I´ve been reading a lot about the Qcode.value but I can't find the right way to use it. I don´t need the summ to show up within the survey i only need the result in the end as a result in an excel sheet.

One question is how to define the values for the different answeroptions from 1 to 7 as I am using the Q-type array (multiflexi 1-10) As I´m German I am not absolultely familiar with the english wording in lime. I turned on somethin thats called BEWERTUNGSMODUS in german. The english translation should be ASSESMENTMODE or EVALUATIONMODE. Here it seems like i can assign values to the different answerotions.

Am I on the right track?

Moreover I would like to know where and how to put the Qcode.value so that it calculates the way I described in the upper part of the text. Detailed description would be good as i am a bloody beginner BUT I´m thankfull for every hint.

LimeSurvey Version 1.92+ Build 120919

Thanks
Einstein

Bildschirmfoto2012-11-13um11.17.58.png

Bildschirmfoto2012-11-13um11.13.03.png
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 8 Monate her von Einstein.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88195

• tomscher
  • tomschers Avatar
  • Junior Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 5
Please clarify: you want to sum up values of items although they use different scales (1-3, 1-5)? You also write something about "1 to 7", however I do not see any 7 answer options in your screenshot?

Solution for your first sum:
It would not be as simple as {question1.value + question2.value} and using a equation question type (=formula)? If you do not want to show this equation, then you may hide this question.

Solution for your second sum (overall points given for project 4):
This is less simple if you want to code it in Limesurvey. I think you may be able to do this using some php and javascript, but I think it's not worth it.

Why don't you just use Excel or R or SPSS to compute that sum? Any reason why you want this in Limesurvey? In Excel it's just a simple sum / calculation....

Please look at the attached survey for more info of the first solution.
Anhang:

Re: Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88210

• Ben_V
  • Ben_Vs Avatar
  • Platinum Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 234
Another sample survey and useful link

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: assess_EM.lss
Dateigröße: 29 KB

Ben/
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Aw: Re: Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88262

• Einstein
  • Einsteins Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Thank you so much. It works!!!

Only thing I haven´t found out yet is how to save this count in the results. It doesn´t show up on in my result excel-sheet in the end. Any recommendations?

best regards
Einstein

Aw: Re: Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88285

• Ben_V
  • Ben_Vs Avatar
  • Platinum Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 234
As shown in my previous sample survey you have to create an "equation" type question at the end of your survey to store this result.. Use the textarea of your question just to set your equation
Example of basic syntaxis:
{sum(q1.value,q2.value,q3.value,q4.value)}
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: TMSWhite

Aw: Re: Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88607

• Einstein
  • Einsteins Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Yep now it works!

Thank you!

Re: Aw: Re: Calculate a summ out of an array question 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #88663

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 788
I test too with
{assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL}
: seems to work for 1.92. Have to test on 2.0
asse*sment in capital ... Auto help link is great , but not all the times ;)

Denis
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 8 Monate her von DenisChenu. Begründung: Auto help link is great
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.298 Sekunden
Donation Image